Gibson Brands Forums

Having bad luck lately with musical equipment purchases

duane v

[crying] :)

I had been on a roll, but my last two purchase have either hit a complete brick wall, or the back order date has been moved further away[angry]

1. The Gibson BH Sig I never recieved

2. Now it's the three TC Helicon VSM 300 vocal monitors [crying] ... I sold most of the PA stuff, and we have a Jam session on the 4th of July, and I'm worried we won't have a PA... My kids are shaking their heads and rolling their eyes telling me, "I TOLD YOU SO."[blush]

Where are you buying from? If you're doing mail delivery, I know Musician's Friend is a bit shaky when it comes to fulfilling orders. You might try Sweetwater, I've had nothing but great experiences when ordering from them.

duane' date=' what do you mean "never recieved" :) [/quote']

I put it on order last year and apparently I was too far on the back of the list. SweetWater then told me they would no longer be able to get that guitar[crying] ... I basically parlayed that moneys for some new SM58 mics, the three TC Helicon 300's, Digitech vocal 300 and few other odds and ends.

SweetWater had guaranteed that I would get a BH LP, but as we all know, there are no guarantees... What sucked is I purchased a Fernandes Sustainer Kit and a Stetsbar tremelo that I'm now stuck with... But my Gibby JJ-duane v MM sig model has filled that void for now.... but it sure would have been nice to have the BH Sig......... olba wellba I guess[biggrin]

I put it on order last year and apparently I was too far on the back of the list. SweetWater then told me they would no longer be able to get that guitar[crying] ... I basically parlayed that moneys for some new SM58 mics' date=' the three TC Helicon 300's, Digitech vocal 300 and few other odds and ends.

SweetWater had guaranteed that I would get a BH LP, but as we all know, there are no guarantees... What sucked is I purchased a Fernandes Sustainer Kit and a Stetsbar tremelo that I'm now stuck with... But my Gibby JJ-duane v MM sig model has filled that void for now.... but it sure would have been nice to have the BH Sig......... olba wellba I guess[biggrin']

has the BH sold out everywhere then? or are you not gonna bother looking for one now?

If it's just a 4th of July "Jam"....Rent a PA, for then. It will take the pressure off,

in case your stuff doesn't come in? Split the rental, with the other's involved.

Should be manageable, that way. Hope your stuff comes in, though.

Good Luck!

CB

has the BH sold out everywhere then? or are you not gonna bother looking for one now?

The money is pretty much spent, and my wife has put the shackles on any more musical instrument purchases. Next year my company is allowing employees with a 20 year tenure to pull money out of our retirement funds and cash in some stock. So I will be getting a 71-72 Gibby Deluxe, and a 100 watt MojaveWorks Peacemaker head and half stack

If it's just a 4th of July "Jam"....Rent a PA' date=' for then. It will take the pressure off,

in case your stuff doesn't come in? Split the rental, with the other's involved.

Should be manageable, that way. Hope your stuff comes in, though.

Good Luck!

CB[/quote']

I guess I could take it out of the kids allowance[biggrin] ... Wonder what kind of response I'll get from that one[biggrin]

We do have a PA system at my place of work I could borrow.

I guess I could take it out of the kids allowance[biggrin] ... Wonder what kind of response I'll get from that one[biggrin]

We do have a PA system at my place of work I could borrow.

"Yeah...that's it!" Show them the real "Cost" and "Paying dues," of playing Rock & Roll! LOL!

GOOD LUCK, with that one! ;>)

CB

The money is pretty much spent' date=' and my wife has put the shackles on any more musical instrument purchases. Next year my company is allowing employees with a 20 year tenure to pull money out of our retirement funds and cash in some stock. So I'm will be getting a 71-72 Gibby Deluxe, and a 100 watt MojaveWorks Peacemaker head and half stack

[/quote']

nice! :) , not a realy bad ending then eh? [crying]

Archived