Gibson Brands Forums

Man I'm itching to play a live gig

duane v

It's been some time, and all I've been doing over the last four months is recording, recording, recording..... It really gets old after awhile.....

Anyone need a guitar player / vocalist for hire on a part time basis..... My fee is $0.00 an hour, and I do what I'm told[blush] .... I'll even bring plum green tea to the rehearsals[biggrin]

My son and daughter are fight over who gets it when I depart this earth..... kids

Yeah' date=' my kids look at my 67 SG as their inheritance. I haven't told them I've left it to Neo in the will. [cool

I know the situation duane' date=' I've just made an unofficial appointment with my band's first lead guitar player to start jammin' again, just the 2 of us, maybe we can start something up...[/quote']

Thats cool..

The problem is I'm old, plus I just want to do something along the lines of cover tunes (60-70's rock).... Any original work I do is 80's metal sounding, and I just dont look the part anymore[crying].

Thats cool..

The problem is I'm old' date=' plus I just want to do something along the lines of cover tunes (60-70's rock).... Any original work I do is 80's metal sounding, and I just dont look the part anymore[crying'].

You're only as old as you feel (it's always between the ears...)...and lucky for you, to my mind, there are just no metal queens...[cool]

Yeah I'd play for nothing now and to think back in the day the bands I was in were always dickering about money and who bought what for the band and who should get less and blah blah blah.

I do get asked to do one offs through out the year but just not the same as a sat. nite club date with a band.

Thats cool..

The problem is I'm old' date=' plus I just want to do something along the lines of cover tunes (60-70's rock).... [b']Any original work I do is 80's metal sounding, and I just dont look the part anymore[/b][cool].

"It don't mattuh!" Do what you Love! My "original" stuff, what there is of it, always sounds like "Moody Blues,"

"The Byrds," or "Dylan"....Nasal voice, and all! LOL!

CB

Duane...

You're old?

Sheesh, you're young enough to be my kid!

<chortle>

Seriously... I did a story about a year ago about a jazz guitarist who, last I heard, still was dealing cards in Deadwood and playing out a cupla times a week. He started playing for money during WWII.

One major diff, though. I think the older you get the more you think about the weight of what you're hauling to play than you did as a kid in his or her 40s. <grin> And in your 40s, you think more about it than you did in your teens and 20s.

When you're too old to wanna play out, you're too old.

m

Archived