Gibson Brands Forums

I HATE The (F...ing) Beatles, and why!

charlie brown

I just like music that comes from the soil. When you listen to listen to a Hank Williams record you can hear every shot of Whiskey and every drop of nicotine that he inhaled in those songs. When you listen to Elmore James you can hear the Bottles flying in whatever Southside Chicago Tavern he recorded in. Simple and raw is what sticks around for the long haul' date=' and thats what people relate to even if they dont know it, It's deep down in there.[/quote']

Now THIS, I can relate to! And, I totally agree! ;>)

To get back to "The Beatles"....they did this, in their own way/style. But, no one, least of all me,

is trying to get you, or anyone else here, to "Love the Beatles" music or otherwise. It's always

interesting, to me, to hear ALL sides, points of view, even arguments. But, as musicians (and I

use that term very losely, for myself), we are all passionate, about the music we love! Beatles

music, is but ONE, of those that "I" love. To those who don't...that's cool!

It's still fun, to talk about, though. ;>)

CB

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok we get it they had no effect on you but for many of us they did. Not saying ones wrong or ones right we all have influences.

I have lots of interviews were the Beatles gave credit to the artist that came before them so why the sh!t stirring.

Oh and Johnny Cash and Paul Mccartney used to vacation together in Jamaica. Probably trying to steal from Bob Marley.

LOL! Probably! ;>)

CB

The Beatles absolutely had influences: they would be the first to say that. I can't think of ANY artist who didn't have influences. To have no influences would mean that Lennon would have picked up his guitar and written "I Call Your Name" without having heard a Jamaican beat; McCartney written "I'm Down" without having heard Little Richard. That is just not possible. All music springs from from somewhere else. But what The Beatles did with those influences is nothing short of revolutionary.

Also, is Greaser familiar with some of The Beatles history? They played for 16 hours straight every day, seven days a week for several years...talk about beer bottles flying and nicotine in the air... I invite you to read some of the history of their Cavern days.

Now THIS' date=' I can relate to! And, I totally agree! ;>)

To get back to "The Beatles"....they did this, in their own way/style. But, no one, least of all me,

is trying to get you, or anyone else here, to "Love the Beatles" music or otherwise. It's always

interesting, to me, to hear ALL sides, points of view, even arguments. But, as musicians (and I

use that term very losely, for myself), we are all passionate, about the music we love! Beatles

music, is but ONE, of those that "I" love. To those who don't...that's cool!

It's still fun, to talk about, though. ;>)

CB[/quote']

Exactly. I was hesitant to join this forum because I have not been playing very long and some folks here seem to believe that if you aren't good enough to earn money or an open tab playing for people, than you shouldn't be here. But there is no better place to hear so many thoughts on so much music. And anything that can create the passion that music can in people deserves to be debated; civilized ofcourse. In honor of music, I just loaded the shuffle with some Dylan, Elmore James, White Stripes, Mofro, Ray Charles, Black Keys, and the White Album. I look forward to the next 6 hours; hopefully there will be some bottles flying around later tonight.

Hope everyone takes time to remind themselves why music is important to them.

Also, is Greaser familiar with some of The Beatles history? They played for 16 hours straight every day, seven days a week for several years...talk about beer bottles flying and nicotine in the air... I invite you to read some of the history of their Cavern days.
I'm well aware of the Beatles History and their Cavern day. That IMO was actually interesting stuff as they were full of piss and vinegar. After that era it's all elevator music to me.

I'm well aware of the Beatles History and their Cavern day. That IMO was actually interesting stuff as they were full of piss and vinegar. After that era it's all elevator music to me.

Funny everything they did during the Cavern days ended up on their first 5 albums.

Piss and vinegar indeed!

Saw the Beatles in concert 1966 ( Saint Louis' date=' Mo) ! Fantastic![/b'] Who would i like to see now? Adam Lambert, Lady GaGa and Crystal Bowersox

LOL...I was at that very same concert! Busch Stadium! What a Hoot!

And, as primitive as the sound (system) was....I loved every minute of it.

Screaming girls, and all! :>)

I DO wish we could have heard them, better! But, it was a real highlight,

of my youth, especially.

CB

I dont like Hippie Music, The Beatles to me are Hippie Music. Much 60's Country is outfreaking standing and there are a handful of 60's Garage bands that kill, like the Sonics. But for the most part I cant listen to anything from the 60's. When Iggy and the Stooges hit the scene, things started changing for my liking. And then bam, along come the Ramones and Finally some hope for RnR.

Ugh' date=' One guy don't like the Beatles and he's a heretic. I also don't like the Grateful Dead. They make me feel like I've eaten a pound of Ex-Lax and Prunes. Thanks for the welcome by the way.[/quote']

OK we got it in your first post.

You stated your case and thats cool but you keep coming back to prop up your reasons.

If you wanna have a debate about it, this is the right place to come.

If you're gonna wine after 40 post that your feelings are hurt, then you're in the wrong place.

Archived