Gibson Brands Forums

Another Slash Sig....??

daveinspain

All the signature models drive me nuts; makes me not want another Gibson. I get that signature models have been around forever, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Martin has a friggin' signature model for just about anyone who can play three chords.

Is it just me or is this getting a bit much? Looks like the Gary Moore signature to me...

So what makes this special?

That link is bad. Are you talking about the Appetite For Destruction model? My understanding was that the guitar Slash played on that album was not a Gibson. It was made by a luthier in LA who made dead on Les Paul copies.

But yeah, I am getting tired of all of the signature models out there. I want to sound and look like me, not someone else.

Because I think it helps keep the prices of Gibsons too high. Gibson has to pay these guys.

It also sells guitars, which help reduce Gibsons fixed expenses and overall cost.

The artist only gets money if one their guitar sells, if i does not then they don't.

Sorry, I am an accountant...

ok i can say, that the guitar is fine looking,(the AFD) also yours Axe. i'm not into the sig. thing. But, Gibson does sell them , so there is a market for them. The next thing is, Who will replace Slash. I think that's the real problem. that's why there are so many of his sig guitars. who has that much fame? not just a great guitar player.

There are quite a few really great players that know one has heard of. Some of us here, know them but this is a small group and has interest in guitar players.

the everyday "fan" doesn't follow music like so many of you here. At the end of the day it's all about money. when "Slash" the product, stops selling, Gibson will stop making his sig. guitars.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Archived