Gibson Brands Forums

Just put it back in the case

.... That black 335 has a lyre maestro tremolo with no tremolo bar....

Actually, that is a mid-seventies walnut ES-355. Black was not an optional color during that era (cherry and walnut only), and the long Maestro was stock equipment on all 355's of the time.

During part of the video there is a shot of the back of the headstock, look at the size of that volute, it's huge.

Well...

I think one might argue what has been BB's "best," but any is awesome and this is well above that level. <grin>

Seriously, as I've watched many longtime musicians through the years, I've a tendency to put them into two categories: Those outstanding talents who mellow and improve with age and those who seem little different from their early years attempting only to increase whatever it was that made them "known" rather than to relax and do what's inside. BB seems to me to be well into that latter category.

And... I can't speak for BB, but I know I've had several guitars with various sorts of whammy bars and all have been worked to render them inoperable and "solid."

m

Actually' date=' that is an mid-seventies walnut ES-355. Black was not an optional color during that era (cherry and walnut only), and the long Maestro was stock equipment on all 355's of the time.

[/quote']

Here is one of the many "Lucielle's" This one hangs in BB King's Nightclub in Memphis.

Lucille-2.jpg?t=1275842932

BobLucille-4.jpg?t=1275843127

Archived