Gibson Brands Forums

P94...

Silenced Fred

You got something to say?

Im sorry i just find the same chord being played over and over again a little boreing.

If you dont think this is music.

Then you dont have a ear.

It's music yes' date=' doesnt mean everyone has to like it. I'm pretty sure Nathan was just kidding around though. Metal is better than a lot of mainstream stuff [b']in my opinion[/b] and it is undoubtably music. [biggrin]

I prefer less distorted stuff.

As for those kids at guitar shops who just do those speed runs, I hate that. I tend to crank mine up louder than theirs and start doing something nice, fast but not distorted. A lot of the time I get blank stares that can be seen as A: What the hell are you doing? B: Wow that's new. I once got a guy who was doing it, and I could tell he was really really enjoying it, and he just smiled and kept playing (although he turned it down a bit). Seemed to be a nice fellow.

It's music yes' date=' doesnt mean everyone has to like it. I'm pretty sure Nathan was just kidding around though. Metal is better than a lot of mainstream stuff [b']in my opinion[/b] and it is undoubtably music. [biggrin]

I prefer less distorted stuff.

Yeah, sarcasm doesn't transfer well over typed words. Less distortion, or distortion used more "efficiently".

There's some heavy music out there, that is all clean, no distortion. IMO, it depends more on the style of the player, but people try and mask it with distortion

There's some heavy music out there' date=' that is all clean, no distortion. IMO, it depends more on the style of the player, but people try and mask it with distortion[/quote']

I'd like to make a point in saying, that some people try to mask it with distortion, and they are succesful to a point. But I know a couple guys who simply, love the sound. That's the best reason for it (say, that guy I mentioned in the above post).

I'd like to make a point in saying' date=' that [b']some[/b] people try to mask it with distortion, and they are succesful to a point. But I know a couple guys who simply, love the sound. That's the best reason for it (say, that guy I mentioned in the above post).

I know people who you can give a jazz box and a fender deluxe reverb and make songs that sound heavier than anything else on the face of the earth. The great players can sound heavy without all of the distortion and all of that other stuff. Some people just use the distortion to cover up their ability, or lack thereof.

Whatever floats your boat though, if you like it, who can tell you that you're wrong?

I know people who you can give a jazz box and a fender deluxe reverb and make songs that sound heavier than anything else on the face of the earth. The great players can sound heavy without all of the distortion and all of that other stuff. Some people just use the distortion to cover up their ability' date=' or lack thereof.

Whatever floats your boat though, if you like it, who can tell you that you're wrong?[/quote']

I think that a hollowbody overdriven through a tube amp - think Ten Years After at Woodstock - is one of the great underrated sounds. I am actually surprised more rock players don't use them. Izzy knew...

I think that a hollowbody overdriven through a tube amp - think Ten Years After at Woodstock - is one of the great underrated sounds. I am actually surprised more rock players don't use them. Izzy knew...

Feedback, feedback and feedback! :-k

Thats the answer...most of the time!

Feedback' date=' feedback and feedback! [biggrin']

Thats the answer...most of the time!

Right, if you play with a lot of distortion. I am talking just a nice amount of overdrive. It worked for Ted, Alvin, and Izzy Stradlin'...nice, warm tone.

Archived