Gibson Brands Forums

Isn't the Hummingbird Pro....a lot of kick for the $$$$'s

onewilyfool

I have to chuck my two cents in, seeing that this is my baby[biggrin]

I have the standard body, no cutaway, and I love it as my first Gibson. When I played mine at the store, there was some definite mojo in it compared to the others on the wall. I love a J45 Gibby as much as the next guy, but I was hooked the moment I picked it up. GC even discounted 15% from the price if you are trading in a guitar to make the transaction, no matter how good or bad your previous guitar was. Saved me a nice chunk when I got it. Of course, my finish is a bit different because the finishing staff got a bit bored and gave me a cherryburst instead of a sunburst lol. But if you're into that kind of thing, there are a few out there, just not advertised on the site.

Best guitar I've owned to date, and the entirety of my stress on my upcoming flight to Michigan lol.

I have to chuck my two cents in' date=' seeing that this is my baby[biggrin']

I have the standard body, no cutaway, and I love it as my first Gibson. When I played mine at the store, there was some definite mojo in it compared to the others on the wall. I love a J45 Gibby as much as the next guy, but I was hooked the moment I picked it up. GC even discounted 15% from the price if you are trading in a guitar to make the transaction, no matter how good or bad your previous guitar was. Saved me a nice chunk when I got it. Of course, my finish is a bit different because the finishing staff got a bit bored and gave me a cherryburst instead of a sunburst lol. But if you're into that kind of thing, there are a few out there, just not advertised on the site.

Best guitar I've owned to date, and the entirety of my stress on my upcoming flight to Michigan lol.

I was under the impression that the HB Artists are the one with cherry SB finish and the Pros have the vintage SB. So yours is a Pro with Cherry finish?

So yours is a Pro with Cherry finish?

Yes indeedy. From my correspondence with a Gibson Customer Service rep, I was told;

"The Hbird Pro is technically only available in Vintage Sunburst, but occasionally, the factory will do some in this finish as a color variation. It isn’t an official limited run, or even a publicized finish, but we do occasionally finish them this way."

So there is a choice, just not an advertised one lol.

Archived