Gibson Brands Forums

What's wrong with this?

craigh

I'm glad that 16 year old girl sailing alone around the world was found. But a few things bother me about this.

Why was she sailing alone?

How stupid are her parents to allow her to do this?

Why isn't she in school?

Craig

Why was she sailing alone? Because no one was stupid enough to go with her.

How stupid are her parents to allow her to do this? They must be in a vegetative state.

Why isn't she in school? "Why isn't she in an asylum?" is a better question.

I was watching the news tonight and they were talking about other mishaps where young children go out alone, one that really struck me was a 7 yr old that was attempting to be the youngest to FLY an airplane across the United States,, the plane crashed and killed the child and others,, who would ever think a 7 yr old could handle such a thing ?? what if emergencies arise ?? They cant deal with those types of things,,

7 yr old pilot

Where's Milod when you need him for insight and some solid history lessons?

With all of the other stuff going on with 16 year olds, I admit it's a risk, IMHO this is pretty remarkable. She has the training and the desire go, ahead give it a shot.

Joan of Arc was 15 at the time of her first battle. Anne Frank was 15 when she was killed. How old were the girls that @sshole killed near San Diego.

If she were my daughter, I'd have a hard time letting her go (definately would setup support network) and crushed if anything happened, but... As opposed to some of the s#it 16yo girls are "famous" for now-a-days this isn't too bad..

By the way Dem00n good luck on the tests. My son took SATs last week, takes ACTs this week and has finals coming up (no statewides or Regents in NJ).

Her brother did the same thing' date=' she has the skills, her parents support her and pay for it, and school......pfft.......[/quote']

I agree.

Even as it turned out, she had what she needed and is OK.

Now the 13-year-old on Everest is another thing, as far as I am concerned.

Archived