Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Metal Album Of 2010?

Twiz

What do you consider them? Heavy guitars' date=' thundering drums, screaming vocals....hmmm? [biggrin] [/quote']

Stoner Rock, just like Sleep.

Do you call Soundgarden metal too? AC/DC fits your description as well and they're not metal either.

Stoner Rock' date=' just like Sleep.

Do you call Soundgarden metal too? AC/DC fits your description as well and they're not metal either.[/quote']

Sleep is stoner metal. Come on...dopesmoker...is not rock.

I dont really have a fav metal album of 2010 so far...mabye...Nevermore or Exouds new one.

High on fire is eh...alot of the songs sound the same. [biggrin]

When I think of "Doom" bands, I picture Pentagram, Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnus, Saint Vitus - stuff like that.

I can see where High on Fire fits into Doom at times, but for the most part what I compare them too is stuff like The Melvins. Melvins aren't metal. I love the Melvins as well as High on Fire, don't get me wrong. I just think they, like other bands, get lumped into the metal category incorrectly.

IMO, that's due to the fact metal fans easily crossover and like this music as well, so in turn, they get billed together with metal bands and then people just call it all metal.

Yeah...i guess "Metal" is subjective...and so are the sub-genre's...lets all just agree to respect each others opinions on what they consider metal. Except if its Halestorm. :) KIDDING!!!!

To tell you the truth this is the only forum ive seen Halestorm dragged into the metal subject. :-k

Yeah...i guess "Metal" is subjective...and so are the sub-genre's...lets all just agree to respect each others opinions on what they consider metal. Except if its Halestorm. :) KIDDING!!!!

Yeah, that about sums it up. :-k

Why do metal fans bicker so much about which bands are metal and which of the 600 genres bands fit in? Who fncking cares? If it rocks, it rocks. No need to dissect it. [biggrin] Everybody watch the video "More Metal Than You" by Brian Pesehn. So f-ing funny. sums up why some metalheads generally irritate me. But only a little. Like a mosquito bite.

To answer the thread, nothing has been released this year that made me sh!t my pants because it was so awesome.

Why do metal fans bicker so much about which bands are metal and which of the 600 genres bands fit in? Who fncking cares? If it rocks' date=' it rocks. No need to dissect it. [confused'] Everybody watch the video "More Metal Than You" by Brian Pesehn. So f-ing funny. sums up why some metalheads generally irritate me. But only a little. Like a mosquito bite.

well said, no one can argue with that statement [biggrin]

Why do metal fans bicker so much about which bands are metal and which of the 600 genres bands fit in? Who fncking cares? If it rocks' date=' it rocks. No need to dissect it. [confused'] Everybody watch the video "More Metal Than You" by Brian Pesehn. So f-ing funny. sums up why some metalheads generally irritate me. But only a little. Like a mosquito bite.

To answer the thread, nothing has been released this year that made me sh!t my pants because it was so awesome.

[biggrin] Why? For the same reason people call Jethro Tull metal. It irritates me much like you're irritated.

So it's brought up for discussion on a discussion forum....much like this one.....to..um...discuss. :-k

Basically it's all just music.

Yes...Metal would the parent genre here.....rock and blues as the grandparents maybe hehehehe...

I am happy calling any sub-genre of metal just "Metal" for simplicity's sake! [biggrin] 108 is too many to remember!!!!

Well i only consider the main ones real.

Death

Black

Power

Tradtional (well heavy metal)

doom

stoner

prog

And thats it

Archived