Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Footswitch?

Silenced Fred

On my Sunn' date=' the footswitch is losing connection and acting up. For a replacement, what should I go with? It is a 3 button with the buttons (from L to R) Channel, Effects Loop, and Reverb.

Thanks[/quote']

The same brand maybe?

What does the effects loop button do?

Turn it on and off?

[cool]

I have a '50's Guild amp that did not have a footswitch for the tremolo. I tried a 2 button Fender footswitch that came with a used Mesa Boogie amp that works. Also works for the Boogie. So I suggest to try a 3 button Fender footswitch.

Craig

It's a Fender' date=' yes it turns the effects loop on and off. Not really sure why that's on the footswitch, but it is[/quote']

weird.....doesn't Sunn sell footswitches?

Buy the same one, because the Fender footswitch that I bought for my Super Champ XD works pretty well. 7 1/2 months so far.

weird.....doesn't Sunn sell footswitches?

Buy the same one' date=' because the Fender footswitch that I bought for my Super Champ XD works pretty well. 7 1/2 months so far.[/quote']

Fender bought Sunn, made them for a while as a Reissue, then dropped it. It's Fender made.

I'll say it again. Pull it apart.

It's most likely just a dry solder joint.

I took the side cover off, I would have to pull off the buttons, and do all this other stuff. I sent Fender an email, and asked them if any 3 button footswitch would work for it. They can be had on eBay (new) for under 20. To me, that's a no brainer

Archived