Gibson Brands Forums

MXR Classic Overdrive

Silenced Fred

After going to one GC and having it ripped out of my fingers, with a woman scolding me "You can't see these!" And after I told her that, in fact, I could see them, she was not amused. Then went to another, where they had them in stock but not in the store :-

After waiting around for about an hour, a nice employee told me he will set me one aside, asked for my name, phone number, and put one under that. It's only a promo item or something like that, sounds good, and can't be beat for 30 bucks!

Hmm. $30 is pretty cheap. I have to check these out. Where are they made?

I kindof want to pick up one of those Danelectro cool cats overdrive pedals. It sounds almost exactly like a Fulltone OCD. The only thing is they're cheaply made. The OCD is expensive but it's high quality.

Hmm. $30 is pretty cheap. I have to check these out. Where are they made?

I kindof want to pick up one of those Danelectro cool cats overdrive pedals. It sounds almost exactly like a Fulltone OCD. The only thing is they're cheaply made. The OCD is expensive but it's high quality.

Not sure where they are made, it is only a special promo, not even released, but they better be. For the money, it can't be beat. To me, it is bounds ahead of the Boss Super Overdrive, which I paid 40 for. Trying to sell both of those off on Craigslist, low ballers really irritate me...

I want to get a Danelectro Tremolo Pedal, I have heard pretty good things about those. Check with your GC, most of them will only sell the 4th of July Weekend I heard

So, is it like a pedal they're giving away when you purchase something? Or some special pedal they're only selling for a limited time? I remember a couple xmas's ago they were selling a MXR Classic Distortion for around the same $$.

So' date=' is it like a pedal they're giving away when you purchase something? Or some special pedal they're only selling for a limited time? I remember a couple xmas's ago they were selling a MXR Classic Distortion for around the same $$.[/quote']

I remember that, and GC (by me) didn't order enough to meet the demand. So I missed out.

I'm not that disappointed tho as the reviews said it wasn't much different than the MXR Distortion III.

I remember that' date=' and GC (by me) didn't order enough to meet the demand. So I missed out.

I'm not that disappointed tho as the reviews said it wasn't much different than the MXR Distortion III.

[/quote']

Yeah, but for 30 bucks! This one is supposed to be very similar to the gt-od. For the money, it's worth it yo me

Yeah' date=' but for 30 bucks! This one is supposed to be very similar to the gt-od. For the money, it's worth it yo me[/quote']

No doubt, I'll try to get one too now that I know about it, I collect pedals, plus I like Overdrives better than distortion.

No doubt' date=' I'll try to get one too now that I know about it, I collect pedals, plus I like Overdrives better than distortion.

[/quote']

Yeah, I bought an mxr distortion +, it does as advertised, not as harsh as a boss ds-1. I kinda like it for that purpose. But I much prefer overdrive, its a cleaner more natural sound

Archived