Gibson Brands Forums

Treble bleed

DAS44

Decided not to hijack that other thread.

What do you need to make a treble bleed (or do they come whole?)? How much would it cost to buy and assemble do you think?

I'm really running on no knowledge on the subject.

I'm sick of losing high end as I turn it down, I play a lot late (think 2AM) at night so I need it low.

Is this for your Strat or the LP? Not that it really makes a difference just curious.

Are you handy with soldering? If not I suggest you take your guitar in. The most I've done is changing a pickup in my SG. It was pretty simple but I did a messy job. Everything works perfectly. There are no problems but when you open up that cavity you know there was some real amatuer work. You don't want that on your brand new baby!

Is this for your Strat or the LP? Not that it really makes a difference just curious.

Are you handy with soldering? If not I suggest you take your guitar in. The most I've done is changing a pickup in my SG. It was pretty simple but I did a messy job. Everything works perfectly. There are no problems but when you open up that cavity you know there was some real amatuer work. You don't want that on your brand new baby!

In my case its a Stratocaster.

It's a little scary at first, and I had to do it twice. The first try was a mess and there was no signal going to the amp. [lol] Good thing I got a few Caps and Resistors. The second time I trimmed everything closer and made sure all the wires were tight in the pot terminals and Bango, done. Works like a charm, I get a nice singing tone that keeps it's Strat "Bell" Tone at any volume. And Volume swells are way more fun.

Certainly not my first Soldering Job, Here's my first soldering job....

2077146470100337768S200x200Q85.jpg2883219390100337768S200x200Q85.jpg

Not the neatest, but it does what it's supposed to.

I went the cheap route with mine. About $2.00 at Radio Shack for a .001uf Cap and a 220k Resistor' date=' then I wired them in Parallel. [/quote']

I did the same to my Squier 51 and it works like a charm, it is such a cool and inexpensive mod.

It's not as much of an inability for me' date=' as a lack of trusting myself with tinkering with my guitars.[/quote']

In my case, if I never tried, I would never know if I could...

So when I wanted to mod the wiring on my LP I did it myself.

But it is messy.

Or....at least not as clean as Gibsons :-

Archived