Gibson Brands Forums

The new one

So i finally gave in a put another tele on lay away. this will be my second telecaster. the first one i traded for a 89 mij strat. now im getting a nother but the first one was a special edition fmt hh now im getting the fender fsr mim standard ash. here she is

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Tele--Ash-Electric-Guitar-102545282-i1371856.gc

i am changing the tortise shell to black or chrome and making it look bad a$$. do any of you guys have one and what do ya think.

MIM Fenders are really good value. Some of them are awesome.

I'm trying to get a beautiful 08 3-tone sunburst American Standard Tele. I almost have enough money to get it. It's a craigslist find and if I can get it I'll get a great deal. I talked to the guy via email and if I can scrounge up a few more bucks I can get it. I REALLY want to get it for two reasons. I "need" another guitar for gigging because my band uses two tunings that take a long time to change. I also just want the tone from the Tele to use in my band along with my SG.

I personally dont own a Tele, but my friend owns a similiar one. Same finish (at least it was until he had it refinished into a blondie). I love the Tele's with black pickgaurds. But you know, a good looking guitar doesnt count for anything if it sounds horrid. And to me, [standard] Telecasters just lack to me tonally. Great rhythm guitars however, but for lead? not so much (for me of course). This great guitar player on YouTube, named Justin Sandercoe, owns a blonde tele with the black pickgaurd. But it has been overhauled. Humbucker in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails humbucker. Then he added a stacked humbucker in a middle position. Kick@$$ guitar. Thats a Tele id like to own. Check him out too, he's a guitar teacher however.

Peace!!!

I owned the exact same one for about 24 hours. It had a terrible hum that got so annoying I had to take it back. I tried it with numerous amps I have with the same result. I called GC and explained what I was hearing and they suggested I bring it in and it was surely a ground problem.

I took it back and they couldn't check it themselves it had to be sent to an authorized fender repair center but they'd have it back in a week. 3.5 weeks later after numerous calls and BS excuses from them it was in and the "tech" said no problems were found. WHAT??!!!

I told em they could keep it and I'd take my money back.

I gotta laugh because its still sitting in the store now 2 years later.

Hope ya have better luck with yours enjoy.

I won a neck and body off of another sites annual giveaway. USA Custom Guitar neck and body. Installed Texas Special Pickups, black pick guard, grover tuners, four way switch. I play it every day and like it a lot. I keep that guitar and one of my Gibsons at the office all of the time. Crank up a Fender Half Stack after everyone leaves an play for about an hour a day. Nice Guitar, hope you like it as much as I like mine. I love the natural wood look.

Nice, IMO the MIM guitars are great base platforms for customization.

I've been wanting a tele real bad for awhile now. If I were to get that one (I like natural) I would swap all the hardware for black (I love the look of black on natural) and put some custom wound pups in it and upgrade the guts.

Enjoy your tele!

Archived