Gibson Brands Forums

TO ALL EDS-1275 OWNERS....TRICKY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinny

I noticed mine doesn't have a dot on the i in Gibson logo on the head of the 6-string..........

Strange I thought because the new ones have.....

BUT, the Page signature guitars also don't have a dot!!!! Noticed it on daveinspain his pictures he posted!!!!!!!!

SO, what's the deal about it.....anyone????????

[cool][blink]

It's not a fake!

I checked the serial number via Gibson, and it was made in 1987 in september, the 140 guitar in that day!!!

So, fake is surely not!!!!!!

The page signature are fake too then????????? Cause they also don't have a dot on the i!!!!!!!!

So before you answer such stupidity, check first![blink]

It's not a fake!

I checked the serial number via Gibson' date=' and it was made in 1987 in september, the 140 guitar in that day!!!

So, fake is surely not!!!!!!

The page signature are fake too then????????? Cause they also don't have a dot on the i!!!!!!!!

So before you answer such stupidity, check first![blink

Neo was just joking!

And as you were told on the MLPF, some have dots and some don't, but WHY exactly is anyone's guess.[love]

The Gibson logo on the peghead has changed several times over the years.

As related by Yas Iwanade in TBoTB, the early ('52 - '57) LP's had the logo further from the top of the scroll. It came to it's current place at the same time as the CSB finish was introduced in '58. No-one knows (so-far...) why.

During the '70s the logo had a 'closed' 'b' and 'o' as well as the lack of the dot over the 'i'.

The height the dot is over the 'i' can vary too.

Later on they reverted to the 1958 style logo and it's still with us in this form.

It's seems it was all down to easing the manufacturing process.

Archived