Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!! Got my Tele! UPDATED new pics

Dub-T-123

The guy was mainly an acoustic player and he wanted to get the new acoustasonic Tele.

He had it posted for $780 with the original SKB case. I opted for no case because I had a nice extra case laying around so I talked him down to $650.

I feel kinda bad because I know he will regret it. But I feel good because I got a sweet Tele.

I bought a Stetson... thinking about a tele... no cowboy boots though

A Stetson with tennis shoes? Is there something wrong with cowboy boots? Good enough for George W.

....meanwhile, nice Tele!

Nice Tele' date=' you will be surprised at the songs it will coax you to play and it won't be country. Congrats on a good buy for a great Tele.[/quote']

Exactly. People love to slap that "twang" label on em because their prominence in country music but man I'm tellin ya I can get some great blues and rock tones from mine. It is much more versatile than many would expect!

fenders018.jpg

What I love is that it seems to do everything with a really unique voice. Right now I'm playing it through my Vox on a clean setting with the master volume all the way up. It sounds really sweet. A really deep clean sound.

I think later I'm gonna set up the Big Muff for some sweet fuzziness.

The telecaster does often get pidgin-holed as being a "country" guitar, but there are plenty of rock musicians who have made their name using a telecaster. It holds a very iconic place in the history of rock-n-roll.

Lest we forget, 5:57 into Stairway to Heaven, Jimmy Page unleashes one of the best and most recognizable guitar solos ever recorded, and it was done with a telecaster.

101_0031.jpg

101_0018.jpg

Snapshot2009-01-1508-43-17-1.jpg

Snapshot2009-01-1508-34-06-1.jpg

The telecaster does often get pidgin-holed as being a "country" guitar' date=' but there are plenty of rock musicians who have made their name using a telecaster. It holds a very iconic place in the history of rock-n-roll.[/quote']

Seems that those without, don't know.

Archived