Gibson Brands Forums

Great video of Fleetwood Mac cover here

acoustic idiot

this guy lives not too far from me, and we've actually jammed a bit.

i used to be a big fleetwood fan until stevie canceled a sacramento show that i payed over 100bux to see and never came back to say thanks for waiting. needless to say, i no longer listen to that band. but here's a version i'm sure you will enjoy...

Hard to remember that at one time Fleetwood Mac was probably the best of the British white boy blues bands.

Ya. The Mac was pretty much under the radar in their early incarnation as a powerhouse blues band. Enter Nicks and what's-his-name.......Buckingham....yeah, that's it............voila! Commercial success in spades. Took the band in a whole 'nuther direction.

Ya. The Mac was pretty much under the radar in their early incarnation as a powerhouse blues band. Enter Nicks and what's-his-name.......Buckingham....yeah' date=' that's it............voila! Commercial success in spades. Took the band in a whole 'nuther direction.

[/quote']

Yeah, Stevie and old what's his name pretty much turned Fleetwood Mac into a California power pop band.

I saw FM live in the late '70's. If it weren't for Lindsey Buckingham on guitar, I probably would have walked out. They really did suck live. Outstanding band recorded in a studio. They're live performance was a lot to be desired. Just my humble opinion, of course!

Archived