Gibson Brands Forums

Help me decide.....

Lefty Guy

Wow. Gorgeous. Killer bling.

What's the chances of seeing another left handed beauty like that available?

If you rarely ride the Harley, go for it!

If you're gonna spluge, you can hardly do better than a Custom King of Flat Tops. [cool]

And vintage to boot.

Great looking 200, no doubt! Would you have to order sight-unseen, or can you go see it in the shop? The 4-ribbon bridge does not allow for a low saddle while maintaining string break angle: the distance between saddle and pins is much farther than it is on a 2-ribbon bridge. If you get an exceptional neck set much of this can be overcome, but a marginal neck set on this style bridge can be trouble. My 200 was a 4-ribbon bridge and could have had a much better neck set. Lowering the saddle to achieve good action required ramping the pin holes deeply to maintain break angle. It did work out okay, but it could have been so much better with either a better neck set or a 2-ribbon bridge. Hopefully you can inspect this guitar closely before making a commitment. It sure is pretty, though! Good hunting!

have to say Lefty that that one( If thats the one for sale) looks like it might be worth my learning to play left handed for.

Have been looking to a good 200 sunburst for over 2 years now there's always some snag!

Buc's right travel to view!

Afterall the congested roads in UK aren't really what a Harley's built for

Archived