Gibson Brands Forums

What gives with the SoCal summer?????

duane v

Wait a minit... [lol]

This one says California is setting new lows:

Snapshot2010-08-0209-09-07.jpg

This one says California weather is 'Typical.' :-k

Snapshot2010-08-0209-14-01.jpg

Sounds to me like the weathermen out there are like economists. They never agree on anything. [biggrin]

Well, one article is about California. A very large state that stretches through several Latitudes, and therefore has several climates. The other Article is about LA and the surrounding Areas. An Area that coves about as much ground a the entire State of New York.

The State of California has just about every type of environment found in the Temperate parts of the world. LA is where the Desert Meets the Sea (as "The Dumph" would have reminded us)

That may have something to do with the discrepancies.

Well' date=' one article is about California. A very large state that stretches through several Latitudes, and therefore has several climates. The other Article is about LA and the surrounding Areas. An Area that coves about as much ground a the entire State of New York.

The State of California has just about every type of environment found in the Temperate parts of the world. LA is where the Desert Meets the Sea (as "The Dumph" would have reminded us)

That may have something to do with the discrepancies.[/quote']

I loved the Dumph.

"From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California, a good evening."

According to the NOAA's National Weather Service,

a La Niña condition has developed in the Eastern Pacific. La Niña is the oposite of El Niño. This means a cooling of ocean temperatures of about 5 degrees has taken place.

Global warming right?

Well one thing that usually happens during a La Niña is that the midwest in the United States will experience a wetter than usual fall and spring.

So... there you have it.

If you want, I'll post the email my local National Weather Service representative sent me. But that's it I think.

News just hasn't been the same without him #-o

Yeah, man! Really liked Jerry, Kristine Lund, and Dr. George! They were in their

"Heyday" (seemingly) when I moved to So Cal, in '77, and for several years after.

I liked Hal Fishman, (on Channel 5) too.

Tawny Little and Tricia Toyota, were nice to look at, as well... ;>) Whatever happened,

to them?

CB

According to the NOAA's National Weather Service' date='

a La Niña condition has developed in the Eastern Pacific. La Niña is the oposite of El Niño. This means a cooling of ocean temperatures of about 5 degrees has taken place.

Global warming right?

Well one thing that usually happens during a La Niña is that the midwest in the United States will experience a wetter than usual fall and spring.

So... there you have it.

If you want, I'll post the email my local National Weather Service representative sent me. But that's it I think.[/quote']

If you want a better explanation go to Accuweather and look for Joe Bastardi's forecasts and blog.

Yeah' date=' man! Really liked Jerry, Kristine Lund, and Dr. George! They were in their

"Heyday" (seemingly) when I moved to So Cal, in '77, and for several years after.

I liked Hal Fishman, (on Channel 5) too.

Tawny Little and Tricia Toyota, were nice to look at, as well... ;>) Whatever happened,

to them?

CB[/quote']

I remember Dr. George Fischbeck doing the weather like it was yesterday. He also hosted a Disaster Show so every time I see the Hindenburg footage I think of him.

Archived