Gibson Brands Forums

GASing for a Twin Reverb now...

Dub-T-123

Yup Fender and Vox are always the standards for their cleans but I tend to gas for a semi-hollow or hollow body guitar playing cleans. Or a P90 clad anything . . .

When you get a Lifeson 355 you tend to get caught up playing those Rush power chords on the dirty channel out of habit. Man, the thing gets dreamy though playing loud and completely clean through my Egnater much less a Fender or Vox.

Bruce makes a comparably good clean channel too . . . and a better dirty channel IMO.

It's all subjective though.

I'd love to have a semihollow or p90 clad guitar.

In the store where I played this Twin I played an original '67 SG Special running into it. That's no doubt part of the reason it sounded so good... But I think the tone was mostly due to the amp and besides I love the tone of my SG and I bet it would sound just as good in the Twin.

I also played a vintage red es-330 and an old single cut yellow LP Special. They were all awesome! Just what you'd expect. Total perfection.

I would agree as long as you are not talking about the 65 Reissue Deluxe Reverbs. I have one and although it is great for practicing at home' date=' I don't full band rehearse with it or gig with it anymore. The tone is inconsistent and tends to get mushy at odd times. Talk to a lot of cats using newer Fenders and they will tell you the same thing.[/quote']

Went to Midwest Buy and Sell and they have a Chicago Guitar and Amplifier (?) Deluxe Reverb clone or something. That was the best sounding amp I have ever played through, the reverb made it sound like you were playing in a cathedral and the tremolo was very responsive. Only thing I wish was to have the vibe feature. It was amazing

Went to Midwest Buy and Sell and they have a Chicago Guitar and Amplifier (?) Deluxe Reverb clone or something. That was the best sounding amp I have ever played through' date=' the reverb made it sound like you were playing in a cathedral and the tremolo was very responsive. Only thing I wish was to have the vibe feature. It was amazing[/quote']

Matt at Chicago G&A does all of my pedal repairs. Those cats are righteous. Love talking gear with them.

Bet that was a sweet amp. Nothing compares to a handwired beauty. It's like buying a tailor made suit. You'll never be able to buy a mass produced, off the rack one again.

That amp behind me in my avatar is a Victoria 1x15. It was the donated back line for that show (2008 International Pop Overthrow festival). *Very* nice amp' date=' but also no reverb or tremolo.[/quote']

Divided by 13 is the greatest I can find. For what I want, its 3800 for the head and cab [confused] I really want the vibe effects though, like on the vibro champ, but the reverb was outstanding on the Chicago G&A amp

Archived