Gibson Brands Forums

epi blems at mf

TWANG

Bolt on necks seem to work pretty well with Strats and Tele's. I don't see a problem with a bolt on necks' date=' especially just on principle.[/quote']

I don't think he was infering anything bad about a bolt on neck - he has a Jr with a bolt on neck. The prinicple he was talking about is that MF used to sell them new for $99, now the blems are $149.

I've often been tempted to grab one of these bolt-on Juniors, but I see so much variability from unit-to-unit in the stores, that I don't think I'd by one through a web-house. GC has a bunch of them for $99. P-90s and hummers. Some play fine, others seem off. I think I'd have to play one

before buying it. But, with a good pickup change-out, maybe some nice vintage tuners, you'd have a real nice box for about $200 when done.

Yeah, I don't have anything against bolt-ons.. I own, and have owned several... But I bought one of those bolt-on Juniors on ebay for $75 a while back and figured I'd mod the heck out of it... Man, what a piece of junk! (No offense to others who got a good one...) I'm still gonna mod the heck out of it... Rebuild it is more like it.. The only original part that's gonna be left is the body.. And I'm gonna chamber that!

Archived