Gibson Brands Forums

Yikes! New Sheri..

cabeza

Thanks, everyone! I am enjoying the Sheraton, even a lot more than I thought I would. I had intended to switch the pickups, but I'm loving the sound of the stocks. My wife-to-be likes it, but asked why I needed another black guitar. That's like asking her why she needs another pair of black shoes.. sheesh! And, yes.. I know it'll be a looooong time before I can even consider buying another axe.

Epiphone was wise to stay away from the Classic Hot pickups on guitars like the Dot, Sheraton and ES-137. The regular Classics are not as bad soundwise... dunno what they are doing wrong on the Hot ones. I'm getting set up to install a pair of gold Burstbuckers in a client's lefty Sheraton this weekend - should be pretty nice. That black Sheri is very gorgeous, congratulations on a classy looking axe.

Epiphone was wise to stay away from the Classic Hot pickups on guitars like the Dot' date=' Sheraton and ES-137. [/quote']

I'm not really that jazzed with the stock pups in my Dot... I mean, they're "ok", but just Ok... I think they could use a little more juice... I don't want crazy hot, but just a little bit more than what they got.. If I were a jazz-man, I might change my tune, though.. And the neck pup is a little muddy...

Just my random two cents...

If I ever get a Sherry, I want a black one too!

Archived