Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone G-1275 doubleneck (white) discontinued!!

foxtrot

I was about to buy a G-1275 double-neck and I was surprised to learn that it had been discontinued. I think this was a big mistake by the company. Is there any way to order a custom-made g-1275 in white with gold-pickups as God intended it to be made?

To break my fast on honeydew...and drink the milk of Paradise!

Can you imagine how may awful half-assed renditions of Stairway all those poor doublenecks at GC have suffered through?

I'd like to have a G1275 just for a day. Just to play Xanadu once. I can't imagine ever having any other use for it.

By the way, Lerxt, I've been meaning for a long time to applaud you on the Rush in Rio reference.

Exactly. I mean just imagine coming out on stage dressed in white with ultraviolet lights reflecting off your clothes while you emerge from a plume of dry ice and approach your taurus pedal. This is is what the music experience is all about!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand it. It's like what McDonald's did the rib sandwich. They took a product that kicked an insurmountable quantity of *** and then discontinued it for no reason. It defies the supply-demand curve I tells ya!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm new here and want to tell you about a guitar I just bought early January ... that's right ... an Alpine White G-1275 !!!

Man was I stoked ... I searched the internet , even called Epiphone and asked if they would custom paint one for me in this color ( no deal ) .

I'm in a Rush tribute band and wanted this color in the worst way but was going to settle on the Cherry G-1275 when I made a phone call to a music store chain here in Canada and they informed me that they had 'one' in stock in their Vancouver location showroom ... seems that this guitar had just been hanging on the wall as a decoration seeing that no one wanted it or showed little interest in it .

Needless to say I made a quick phone call and arrangements were made to have it shipped to their Toronto store then shipped to me .

Prior to this phone call I was even considering getting one from some store in the UK and having shipped here ... needless to say I was beyond thrilled getting possibly the last one here in Canada as far as I aware of .

How does it play and sound ... fan-freaking-tastic ... the necks are beefy and the stock tuners actually keep it tune (so far) the picksup are very adequate and the intonation was pretty damn good on both necks ... the only thing I did was lower the bridge and I was in Xanadu'land ... I brought it to rehearsal without telling the guys that I had bought it and they almost cried ... lol

And it's a very solid and stable guitar ... I was a little worried about this purchasing it sight unseen but I lucked out big time ... I think Epiphone should bring this color back seeing that there are as many players who like the white version as the Cherry one ... my avatar pic is my baby !

I'm new here and want to tell you about a guitar I just bought early January ... that's right ... an Alpine White G-1275 !!!

Man was I stoked ... I searched the internet ' date=' even called Epiphone and asked if they would custom paint one for me in this color ( no deal ) .

I'm in a Rush tribute band and wanted this color in the worst way but was going to settle on the Cherry G-1275 when I made a phone call to a music store chain here in Canada and they informed me that they had 'one' in stock in their Vancouver location showroom ... seems that this guitar had just been hanging on the wall as a decoration seeing that no one wanted it or showed little interest in it .

Needless to say I made a quick phone call and arrangements were made to have it shipped to their Toronto store then shipped to me .

Prior to this phone call I was even considering getting one from some store in the UK and having shipped here ... needless to say I was beyond thrilled getting possibly the last one here in Canada as far as I aware of .

How does it play and sound ... fan-freaking-tastic ... the necks are beefy and the stock tuners actually keep it tune (so far) the picksup are very adequate and the intonation was pretty damn good on both necks ... the only thing I did was lower the bridge and I was in Xanadu'land ... I brought it to rehearsal without telling the guys that I had bought it and they almost cried ... lol

And it's a very solid and stable guitar ... I was a little worried about this purchasing it sight unseen but I lucked out big time ... I think Epiphone should bring this color back seeing that there are as many players who like the white version as the Cherry one ... my avatar pic is my baby ![img'][/img]img][img]

heck, i'd even like a black one with gold hardware... but more than one color choice is always a good idea.

Archived