Gibson Brands Forums

I need a matching cabinet for my V3 Combo

Been hunting high and low for something that will match my V3 Combo - the black Tolex and cane cloth wouldn't be that hard to find... I have 2 old combo amps I turned into cabs (gutted em and removed the electronics - closed up the openings, etc) - they're both black so maybe just need the matching cane cloth - the VJ 12" Epiphone bottom is nice but the oxblood covering would have to be black to match the combo (possibility there)... anyone know a good cab to match it with? WE NEED ANOTHER CAB to match the combo - are you listening EPI?

I just left their site - emailed em too - black TAURUS with cane looks promising but I want white piping too... I'm a remodeling contractor and carpentry is one of my many trades. My wife is great with upholstry... I might try to order some Tolex and some cane - buy some piping and build a 3/4" Birch Plywood prototype. Might be a "niche" for these things... I'm thinking proper dimensions - maybe a slant front - match the combo looks and voila' - I'M IN BUSINESS! Square bottom - slant front on that - and the combo sitting on top!

I just found MATCHING cane and the piping - I have 2 black cabs (a 10" & a 12") and I'm gonna do a couple for me - I'll post pics when they're done.

OK I didn't tell ya because I just got another one on ebay didn't want any bid competition....but the older style line 6 flextone cabs are a great match. Same exact grill cloth...and they come up fairly often for sale.cabcombo.jpg

This is what they sound like together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCN2FtONBfE

interesting layboomo... I'm gonna build a couple out of old cabs I have with cane and piping too - will post pics - I have to order it though. The cabs I have are all about the same size as the combo and stacked on top of each other looks like a full stack (mini full like the Marshall Lead 12)... The Flextone's look good though, thanks.

Archived