Gibson Brands Forums

Buckethead les paul

shmigit

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gibson wouldnt take the risk on someone like him to make a signature model on his status , as he is known amongst the guitar world and most fans of G n R but he is just not big enough, i see that gibson aint like fender where they make a lot of signature models on popular musicians , most Gisbon signature models are really expensive and they make it on high profile people like jimmy , zakk , slash , perry etc who has been around for years and are very very well known even amongst average people.

Buckethead i think will never be in that league , not saying that he is not good at what he is ( he is very good)

But its financially just not smart, which gibosn make these guitars first think about

And also pointed his Les paul is so ab- normal and so modified people just wont think its a real les paul.

I think Gibson wouldnt take the risk on someone like him to make a signature model on his status ' date=' as he is known amongst the guitar world and most fans of G n R but he is just not big enough, i see that gibson aint like fender where they make a lot of signature models on popular musicians , most Gisbon signature models are really expensive and they make it on high profile people like jimmy , zakk , slash , perry etc who has been around for years and are very very well known even amongst average people.

Buckethead i think will never be in that league , not saying that he is not good at what he is ( he is very good)

But its financially just not smart, which gibosn make these guitars first think about

And also pointed his Les paul is so ab- normal and so modified people just wont think its a real les paul.[/quote']

Also he had a very short lived GnR career, most fans will just go w a Slash model

Also he had a very short lived GnR career, most fans will just go w a Slash model

Yeah well said , and also he has not really been proven to be an 'amazing' guitarist ( i personally dont think slash is either , he is was in the right place at the right time with the right image- dont take it personally =D>)

But he has not done any major guitar playing that is recongnizable , he just learnt songs of G N R and personally his style playing is shred.

gibson wouldnt make a guitar for him... you know when one buys (or thinks about) a JP Les Paul, or a ZW Les Paul one thinks about that signature tone heard on many CDs and live shows... but if you say "bucketwho" (ok, i know he is buckethead), then you think... "...hm... chinese democracy, i wonder if that sh¡t will ever come out..."

(i know he has solo material but lets face it, he got the little spotlight he did (if any) because he was in the "new" GnR lineup...

Also he had a very short lived GnR career' date=' most fans will just go w a Slash model

Yeah well said , and also he has not really been proven to be an 'amazing' guitarist ( i personally dont think slash is either , he is was in the right place at the right time with the right image- dont take it personally default_eusa_wall.gif)

But he has not done any major guitar playing that is recongnizable , he just learnt songs of G N R and personally his style playing is shred.

you can't say he hasn't proven himself to be amazing...

he is ranked #8 of the top ten fastest guitar players ever.

and not to dis slash or anything, but he aint on that list...=/

His Les paul is crazy' date=' the pup selector is moved to the bottom and it has a seperate kill switch, 24 frets.

I can't see Gibson doing that, and is he even in GnR anymore?[/quote']

Nah, some cat named "Bumblefoot"...what's up with Axl's thing with weird nicnames anyway? Slash, Buckethead, and now Bumblefoot?????

I think Gibson wouldnt take the risk on someone like him to make a signature model on his status ' date=' as he is known amongst the guitar world and most fans of G n R but he is just not big enough, i see that gibson aint like fender where they make a lot of signature models on popular musicians , most Gisbon signature models are really expensive and they make it on high profile people like jimmy , zakk , slash , perry etc who has been around for years and are very very well known even amongst average people.

And also pointed his Les paul is so ab- normal and so modified people just wont think its a real les paul.[/quote']

how would you explain the Kiefer Sutherland Model then? he maybe more popular than buckethead but not as a musician.

maybe Gibson can make exclusive limited edition replica just like they did for Neil Young's "Old Black"

and not to dis slash or anything, but he aint on that list...=/

So what if he can play fast. Look at this guy:

Do you think anyone would make a signature guitar for him?

it would be awesome for them to do that guitar.

i bet it would be hella expensive though.

and idk if he is still doing that GnR stuff anymore.

No he doesn't do it anymore.

Buckethead isn't only famous for his short stint in GNR though, he has many solo albums.

It would be cool to see a Buckethead sig. model, he is a fantastic guitar player.

yeah he's weird. but you don't judge a guitarist based on his looks. did you guys actually listened to his work?

I sure have, he's AMAZING.

He can play so many different styles, not just fast shred... and we all know, speed isn't everything on a guitar.

The guy puts a KFC bucket on his head and you want to reward him with his own signature Les Paul...get real.

+1

to get a gibson les paul signature a guy should start by respecting himself, then his fans/the audience and then play not only fast (anyone can play fast, ok, lots of folks can play fast), but play things people can sing to.

and not to dis slash or anything' date=' but he aint on that list...=/[/quote']

Your right also, Les Paul, B.B. King and Angus Young aren't on that list they must SUCK!

Very good point oilpit. I'm not a huge fan of shredders because I believe that they show no feeling and most of em are pretty creepy or just odd. Bucketheads pretty cool but I like Slash more because his stuff if played with feeling

Very good point oilpit. I'm not a huge fan of shredders because I believe that they show no feeling and most of em are pretty creepy or just odd. Bucketheads pretty cool but I like Slash more because his stuff if played with feeling

Alot of people just throw Slash in with them, but seriously listen the November Rain, and some of his acoustic stuff. He's way better than them.

Archived