Gibson Brands Forums

Slash LP reappears...

RotcanX

And that GC 'gauging' it to $999 has now rubbed off on Sam Ash, who is selling it TODAY for $999.

But since I will never buy it it doesn't really matter. It doesn't do much good to believe you can get anything really better from Epiphone without paying out the *** for it, so in that case I'll make my own Rock History with my Epiphones and their upgrades and maybe the world will owe out for that eventually.

Time Will Tell.

SCOTT WEILAND Says Former VELVET REVOLVER Bandmates Are 'Covering Up The Truth' - Apr. 2, 2008

Vocalist Scott Weiland has released a statement to MTV News regarding his dismissal from VELVET REVOLVER.

The founding members of VELVET REVOLVER — guitarists Slash and Dave Kushner, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum — announced their decision to fire Weiland in a press release issued at the conclusion of the band's final performance with Weiland in Amsterdam, Holland. Slash cited Weiland's "increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems" as reasons for dismissing him.

In an e-mail sent to MTV News Wednesday morning, Weiland fired back at his erstwhile bandmates, stating, "After reading the comment by Duff, Matt, Dave and the illustrious 'Guitar Hero,' Saul Hudson, a.k.a. Slash, I find it humorous that the so-called four 'founding members' of VELVET REVOLVER, better known to themselves as 'the Project' before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow.

"In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment [to the band], I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth. The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun ... at times. But let's not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member — no need to mention his name).

"Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back," Weiland continued. "This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow bandmates in [sTONE TEMPLE PILOTS] and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang."

In conclusion, Weiland warned fans not to be "fooled by veiled trickery," and even wished VELVET REVOLVER his best. "Good hunting, lads — I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice."

On either side there are gonna be some fightin words.... Well atleast slash will be covered financially if he doesn't sell any new albums.. with all the guitars, video games, and books he coming out with. But seriously, did anyone else see this split comin when scott anounced tour dates with stp. Too bad. I guess now its a choice between axl and bach.

On either side there are gonna be some fightin words.... Well atleast slash will be covered financially if he doesn't sell any new albums.. with all the guitars' date=' video games, and books he coming out with. But seriously, did anyone else see this split comin when scott anounced tour dates with stp. Too bad. I guess now its a choice between axl and bach.[/quote']

I think the Bach comment was sarcastic. The Axl thing I wouldn't count on. I am just extremely happy about STP coming back more than anything. I just hope he can take care of his health and bad habits first and foremost. If you get the chance to see STP live DO IT!

The show I went to in 96 was greatness!!!

...in Epiphone's monthly contest giveaway' date=' after vanishing abruptly from the January giveaway. Enter today![/quote']

THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA), UNITED KINGDOM, ITALY, FRANCE, GERMANY, SPAIN, BELGIUM, NETHERLANDS AND PORTUGAL

Oh yeah. Like I would have wanted to participate anyway...

In every live video interview I've seen, Slash seems like a well centered, nice guy, who possesses an inordinate amount of savvy and intelligence (for a famous guitar player). I've always been impressed by the fact that he doesn't have a wild man attitude, unlike some of the "guitar heroes." He's more likely to talk down about his guitar hero status than to boast about it. In a recent interview, when asked about his guitar hero status, he steers the conversation to the people he admires and comments that he really doesn't feel like a superstar and is himself an admirer of the guitar greats who came before him. I put him in a class with Clapton in terms of handling his guitar hero status.

Who the f$#@ is this Slash guy' date=' he got a real name ?

[/quote']

Yes, it's Saul Hudson. #-o

Speaking of VR, if Chris Cornell (my favorite rocker voice, formerly of Soundgarden and Audioslave) teams up with the GNR crew to complete VR (which is being rumored), it would automatically top my list of favorite current bands. Match made in heaven, IMHO.

The setlist would consist of hits from Soundgarden, Audioslave, GNR, and VR! How awesome is that? The only thing is, I can't see Slash busting out the digitech whammy pedal for the Tom Morello solos, so they'd have to avoid those types of songs.

I'm crossing my fingers...

Hey Drew I can't see that happening to be honest with all the talk of how much control they said Cornell likes to have in his bands. But hey, then again I don't believe everything I read on the interwebz. #-o

I would REALLY like to see Soundgarden just come back. Toadies, now STP? Oh man it's feeling like the 90's again...and there were some good bands happening in the early part of that great time.

But some of these continued collabs are always cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-rDWd2cGqU

Agree with all, Suplex. Cornell has quite an ego, and probably wouldn't enjoy singing other people's famous songs. But I can still hope, right? #-o I would be ~70% as happy if Soundgarden got together - another awesome band.

I, too, am enjoying the resurgence of these 90's rock bands. The 90's > the 00's in rock by a longshot in my opinion. I was especially happy to see RATM get back together (even though I liked Audioslave).

Archived