Gibson Brands Forums

I Never Should Have Sold It

layboomo

How long ago did you sell it?

A couple of years ago......I sold off a bunch of gear.....actually I buy and sell quite a bit' date='but nice 70's guitars like that have gone through the roof price wise.......how about this 57 reissue all done up with WCR darkburst pickups and RS guitarworks guts....yup sold that one too...and the marshall 1/2 stack custom built by me behind it![img']http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p64/layboomo/lpmartest-1.jpg[/img]

I love how you actually took the time to hang a sheet to take that pic!

That was my wife Andrew...and her sheet idea got me an extra $200 on that one at least! .......it wasn't showing up the way I took the picture...I suck at photography...she hung up a sheet and we photographed 3 black guitars and they all sold within 5 days! Here's another one she took with that backdrop blklpclscF.jpg

I once sold a rickenbacker 330 six string to a guy for a hundred bucks.

1965 model. fireglo with silver hardshell case.

he traded it even up for a bradley.

Now, I try not to think about mistakes like that.

Those are all extremely beautiful guitars' date=' layboomo. Sad to see that they had to go, but that just means that there's more room for opportunities![/quote']

It's really not a hard luck deal with me...I just buy and sell alot to special niche type customers...so I'm not losing money trust me! But It's still like losing a kid on some of my custom builds! Truth is I just enjoy the build and finding the right ones part of it!...and I get to play alot of nice guitars....even if it's only for a little while.

A Fender Vibrolux Reverb that I bought at a garage sale for $40.00 and let go for $90.00.

A seymour duncan covertible amp.

An 80's era Gibson Les Paul Lite in honeyburst.

90's Epiphone Les Paul birdseye top cherry sunburst.

A peavey vtm tube head and a triumph 60.

A weird Fender V guitar...never seen one since.

And last and most regretabbly... a 1968 Dodge Superbee....I won't even tell you what I sold that for.

[-(

Archived