Gibson Brands Forums

les paul pickguards???

glassm23

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if the les paul custom (Elitist) comes with the pickguard on or off? I am lookin at the white one, and that black pick guard is a big eye sore. Can someone please let me know if they come with pickguard on or off? Thanks

yes i am serious, I dont like the black pickguard on the white les paul. Im looking at the elitist and the only thing stopping me from getting it, is not knowing if the pickguard comes on or off. I have heard that they might come off, so im just lookin for confirmation.

All Elitists come with a mounted pickguard except the Tak Matsumoto and the Twisted Sister signature models. If the idea of a small chrome crew head that is barely visible under the end of the fingerboard is going to keep you awake at night, I would suggest that you fill the holes using round toothpicks (think of them as small dowels) and a drop of white nail polish... this will be next to invisible and can easily be drilled out again if ever someone decides they want the PG on after all.

Excellent idea Spud. I really wouldn't worry about 2 small holes. I have had my pick guards on and off a lot over the years. It just depends how I'm feeling that day, they are on today. I wouldn't let that stop me from getting a Les Paul if I really wanted one. But, maybe you should look at the Tak Matsumoto, it's a beauty. I think Svet has one.

Archived