Gibson Brands Forums

Max drool factor

RotcanX

Well, we just received a pair of Les Paul Standard fadeds, one in tobaccoburst and one in honeyburst... one of them is sold, we just don't know which. Trying to convince the boss to keep the other one too but the plan is that one will go back to the distributor. Sigh. Soooooooooooo nice. Damfino why Gibson discontinued these.

Well' date=' we just received a pair of Les Paul Standard fadeds, one in tobaccoburst and one in honeyburst... [i']one[/i] of them is sold, we just don't know which. Trying to convince the boss to keep the other one too but the plan is that one will go back to the distributor. Sigh. Soooooooooooo nice. Damfino why Gibson discontinued these.

I've seen only 2 of those guitars, since they've been out. Both were really nice,

but, I didn't need another LP, at the time (still don't, for that matter). But,

Gibson has SO MANY Les Paul models, now...and I see they're introducing

ANOTHER one...the "Traditional?!" Why???!

What I'd really like to see, is a reduction in Les Paul Models, back to '60's models Melody Maker, Junior, Special, Standard, Custom, etc.

Maybe within those...have the high dollar VOS, for the insanely rich and foolish, and the standard

production line, for the rest of us. But, equal quality, throughout! Only difference, being, the finish

and "Vintage" appointments, on the VOS.

They're getting like Fender...trying to make a guitar for every possible economic bracket,

and musical taste. Hell, Fender should make "kits" that one can put together, themselves, using

quality Fender parts, bodies, necks, the whole schmear! Then their customers could make

whatever guitar THEY wanted!

OK...end of Rant! ;>b

CB

Well' date=' $1,500 for a nice light Les Paul with a decent flame top, nickel hardware and Burstbuckers... that's the end of the market I like to see![/quote']

Yeah, where are they? Like you said, why are they being discontinued?!

Those that "stock" them, seem never to have them very long, or in sufficient

quantities...so, it can't be because they aren't selling? Maybe they sell too well, and are killing the

"Classic" or "Standard" market? I really don't know....you guys sell them,

so maybe you have a better idea? The Faded ones, I've seen are great!

But they never seem to be able to keep them "in stock!" So..???

CB

It's weird all right. I've been pushing to get one in the store for months now and the first time we tried they were B/O. But these are made in 2008 so it's not like they're old stock or anything. If I could come up with the scratch I'd grab one in a New York minute.

Well' date=' $1,500 for a nice light Les Paul with a decent flame top, nickel hardware and Burstbuckers... that's the end of the market I like to see![/quote']

Yeah man right on! A set of burstbuckers and a decent guitar is really all we want for $1500....that seems doable instead of some of the other "gibson low end guitars"....so to speak.

Archived