Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton Pix - New Hardware, Pups

geetar playr

Hey all,

just wanted to post these pix of my Sheraton....'97 Samick factory model. Purchased used in 2001.

Twang, a frequent poster and forum member, was instrumental 8-[ in getting this project complete. So a big shout out to Twang for all the emails and coordination on getting the Sheraton up and running again. I can't praise his work enough!!! Thanks Twang!!

Gold hardware oxidized over time, and the stock pups were never that great. Now, Grover Imperial tuners, bridge and tail from WD (i think), new switch, speed knobs, and Kent Armstrong Vintage G12's. Can't say enough about this pups! Very clear tone, with excellent balance. If ya got a Sheraton, give these a try.

Its like I got a new guitar yesterday, so falling in love with the Sheraton all over again.

100_0316.jpg

100_0314.jpg

100_0317.jpg

Beauteous maximus! I like the different look of those pickups. Ya know, while tone/vol knob aesthetic may certainly be an issue for some, I must say that speed knobs are fantastic - easy to adjust with just a pinky. I considered changing them on my guitar but like them functionally too much.

ah.. people are choosy about knobs.. they both look good!

I like the witch hat or top hat style on sgs.. because the controls are so close you can find them easier with narrow tops.

I use tele type domed knobs on mine cause I wanted gold and I like 'em heavy..

I dig those KA,s too.. and the 12 poles make a nice difference with adjustment.

I'm seriously considering putting one in the bridge of my sheri..

I love the p90 at the neck, have that on my lp studio and wont change it.

but it's a nice combination on that guitar.. and I have to admit as much as I like the p90s the noise gets to me now and then.

or maybe I'll just steal his guitar. I know where he lives!!!

I heard that!!

Hey, thanks for all the compliments on the Sheraton. Sounds and plays like a dream. I gigged out with this guitar for about a year and a half, and it took its lumps. It really needed the overhaul. Alright, thanks goes out to Twang again. If I didn't hook up with him on the forum, this project would have never gotten done. Great guy do to do business with and he ensured all the parts fit! Alright, now I gotta go play the thing!!:D/

I heard that!!

Hey, thanks for all the compliments on the Sheraton. Sounds and plays like a dream. I gigged out with this guitar for about a year and a half, and it took its lumps. It really needed the overhaul. Alright, thanks goes out to Twang again. If I didn't hook up with him on the forum, this project would have never gotten done. Great guy do to do business with and he ensured all the parts fit! Alright, now I gotta go play the thing!!:D/

Did you just replace the knobs or the pots as well? How did things go on the jack installation? Did you go through the pup cavity or the F-hole?

Looks fantastic!

TWANG is helping me out as well on my Sheraton with the electronics (all but pups for now).

Did you just replace the knobs or the pots as well? How did things go on the jack installation? Did you go through the pup cavity or the F-hole?

Looks fantastic!

TWANG is helping me out as well on my Sheraton with the electronics (all but pups for now).

Well, first off, you are in GOOD hands for getting your Sheraton on line with Twang.

Just replaced the knobs, not pots. Has a tech do the work -I think he went through the F hole.

Didn't replace the jack. I am very satisfied with how the Sheraton sounds. The Kent Armstrongs are fantastic. Very rich sounding, clear, distinct. Especially on the neck - rich, warm jazzy tones all the way. If you want any more info, holler at me via email.

Send me some pix, too, when you get the work done!

Viva las Sheratons!

Archived