Gibson Brands Forums

Hello From Vienna!

layboomo

Just a quick Hello to everyone from Vienna! My Wife is in rehearsaling (as the guide puts it) with the chorus at the Vienna Music University....cool place. Gotta go find my next beer.....it's a tough job,but somebody has to do it!;)

Hey Lay' date=' enjoy Vienna. Good luck to the missus, and be sure to let us know if you find any decent beers! [/quote']

Man what a great trip! OK I'll cut right to the chase.....top 2 beers IMHO....Dreher in Budapest and Edelweiss in Vienna=d> =D>. The chorus sang in some AMAZING venues......the Liszt Acadamy in Budapest and Stephansdom and Michaelerkirche in Vienna.......pretty heavy duty places to say the least!.....been up for 48 hours ...so it's time to pickup the dogs and crash. No epiphone sightings,but then again Epi doesn't make violins or oboes to the best of my knowledge.:-

Good to hear the beer was good! I kind of liked the Dreher too but I was too occupied with all the different flavours of pálinka in Hungary... :)

Vienna and Budapest are both great places, although the two weeks I spent around the old Dual Monarchy I found some of the smaller towns even more fascinating and welcoming in both countries.

Gotta go back some day for a week or two.

Archived