Gibson Brands Forums

Info on the New Prophecy EM-2 FX

major99

I have a few Epiphones now and been seeking to get a strat style with a locking Floyd Rose that will stay in tune and saw this new model coming out. Has nyone here have one or tried one out? For $400 this maybe a great deal if its built well.

Looks like a good deal to me. The black original Floyd streets for $180.00 by itself, so getting one on a guitar that reasonably priced is a good deal. And they are still, IMO, the best double locking trem out there.

just fyi, the original floyd roses that have been around for quite awhile are actually german schaller made.

but the ones that come on the epiphone may be china made original floyd roses.

yes, those do exist right now.

you will find them especially on the OLP MM1, tho i think now its gone back being to a licensed trem.

guys on the kramerforum have made comparisons between the german and china original floyd roses.

both seem to perform the same, cept for very slight finish differences.

I've been trying to get one of those in the store just to check it out, although I recommended the 'hardtail' EX version; few of our customers are interested in dealing with the hassle of a Floyd. The price is very attractive and I'm curious about these new 'EpiActive' pickups. We did get one of the EMG-equipped Futuras in and while the sound was great, the fit and finish were a bit disappointing. Nonetheless it sold pretty quickly. What I do like about the EM-2 is that it has the nice long 25.5" scale which is de rigeur for those into downtuning. We were all looking at the EM-1 in the store and were amazed to find that it also has the 25.5" scale... the ultra-short body makes it look as though the guitar is actually shorter than the usual 24.75" scale.

Another thing to look at on the EM series is the neck joint. Its a pretty unique design that allows for great upper register access.

This is a EBM bass from the 90's, but the design is the same. Epi should really push this feature more. They dont even show a pic of it it on the website as a selling point.

ebmneckjoint.gif

Another thing to look at on the EM series is the neck joint. Its a pretty unique design that allows for great upper register access.

This is a EBM bass from the 90's' date=' but the design is the same. Epi should really push this feature more. They dont even show a pic of it it on the website as a selling point.

[img']http://www.bowlscraper.com/temp/ebmneckjoint.gif[/img]

WOW!

They say SGs have an endless neck, that's ridiculous!

I also wish they would give the option of a few finishes, such as white, natural and black. I would really like to hear and feel how good this guitar will be. I almost bought a Jackson today...seeking for theat Floyd Rose fix lacking in my stable.=D>

Archived