Gibson Brands Forums

confused!?!?

racha871281734065

that's what they do..

what they are for is to allow the front controls to go through the top.

unlike a fender which has them mounted on a control plate.. tele.. or the guard.. strat.

cosmetic consideration is the deal with rear control plates..

the gibson epi style let you see more wood on the top.. let the controls look cleaner..

then it's easy to replace parts, too.. want to swap a strat pot? remove strings, disconnect output jack.. remove guard..

on a gibson or other rear control cavity guitar.. you just open her up and go to work.

a tele plate is pretty easy to work on.. and while some may call that the classic tele look.. I think any tele with rear mounted controls looks

better!

also, a piece or 2 of masking tape on the inside of your control knob plate, with your name, and the last 4 #'s of your social security number on them, can be a big help identifying your axe if its ever stolen.......anybody disputes thats its yours, all you gotta do is pull the plate to prove it.

most theives wont bother pulling plates to look for that, they're too busy trying to pawn, or sell it.

every axe I own has such ID. somewhere inside it.

that's what they do..

what they are for is to allow the front controls to go through the top.

unlike a fender which has them mounted on a control plate.. tele.. or the guard.. strat.

cosmetic consideration is the deal with rear control plates..

the gibson epi style let you see more wood on the top.. let the controls look cleaner..

then it's easy to replace parts' date=' too.. want to swap a strat pot? remove strings, disconnect output jack.. remove guard..

on a gibson or other rear control cavity guitar.. you just open her up and go to work.

a tele plate is pretty easy to work on.. and while some may call that the classic tele look.. I think any tele with rear mounted controls looks

better!

[/quote']

thanks!

Archived