Gibson Brands Forums

Epi '57 Les Paul Junior

custer

Great little guitar! The thing stays in tune, the neck feels great and it's wonderfully basic. One pick up, one tone knob, one volume control. Probably the best value for a quality guitar you'll ever find. They ran at 250 new. No need to change the tuners, you might want to throw in a new pup, but you'll do that with most Epiphones to get rid of that mud anyway, right? You can get a great country jangle on it and a great distortion sound too. Set neck, decent sound, "mahogany", 200 bucks? Try to find a better deal...

I don't think anybody ever said it wasn't worth $200.....and actually they were $299 most of the time except for a blowout sale. So for the sake of arguement $299 plus $80-100 for a decent P-90 and good quality pots and cap. Then another $30-$80 for a bridge with intonation adjustment....you are at approx$400 and it's my humble opinion that money is better spent on a guitar made from something other than crappy asian mystery mahogany. They are OK but I really wouldn't call it a quality guitar.......and here is your better deal @ $239ad-2300.jpg...as far as cheap guitars go.

Had one and sold it.........they are just OK in my book and by the time you fix em up right you are better off buying a better guitar to begin with IMHO.

Same here, had it for 2 weeks then sold it. It is just a so-so guitar even with the set neck. The pickup needs replaced first thing.

The Epi I had (and MANY of the 50 or so other Epi's) needed fret work. The gibby was much better out of the box. I love nitro also and I'm willing to pay the difference for a guitar like that. I love my Elitists but besides my little PeeWee Epi they are all that's left of the Epiphones. I plan on buy more Elitists as well.

Archived