Gibson Brands Forums

Sobe Guitar, anyone ever seen this one?

csmikal

I won this guitar off the radio a few years back and its been sitting in my closet ever since. Its signed by a bunch of guys from some bands that had played a show the night before I won it. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen this guitar before or if anyone could give me an idea of how much it might be worth. I know nothing about guitars.

sobe.jpg

Looks like a Studio' date=' i would say 150$ Stan.[/quote']

An Epiphone Studio with covered 'buckers and crown inlays? It looks more like an unbound Standard to me. Probably was custom made for the promotion.

csmikal, does the neck bolt on (metal plate on the back that joins the neck to the body) or is it a set neck (neck is glued to the body and there's no external attachment)?

I think an unbound standard is called a studio?I could be wrong. Stan.

It is on a Gibson.

Epiphone studios have dot inlays (not crown inlays like a standard) and uncovered humbuckers.

His has chrome covered humbuckers and crown inlays. I've never seen an Epiphone studio with crown inlays.

Gibson studios did used to have dot inlays years ago.

I believe quality-wise it's more similar to a LP100 albeit with custom graphics' date=' trapezoid inlays and chrome covers.[/quote']'

That's why I'm curious to know if it's a bolt or set neck.

Typically the models used for these types of promotions are fairly inexpensive ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived