Gibson Brands Forums

Hey, Ed Roman said it, not I

JefferySmith

Well, Bluelake...ED hates Gibson's (LP's and SG's especially), and as far as I can determine, by what he's written, always has! LOL! And, he's a shamelss self-promoter, as well. So, some of what he says, I can't really argue with, but...a lot of it is in the extreme. That is, Gibson necks/headstocks will break, as will Epiphone, and almost any other maker's guitar...under the right circumstances.

When the LP's and SG's were designed, people were standing (or sitting) on stage, playing their music, in a more dignified manner. (Some, today, would say "Boring!"..LOL) But, there were no Mosh pits, to jump into, or windmills and leaping about, being done...so, the chances for destruction of a guitar, was pretty limited, at the time. As to pulling a guitar out of tune, at the headstock...you can do that, with just about ANY guitar...regardless of neck/headstock construction or attachment method. Even Ric's and others with "through the body," necks will do that, to some extent. SG's are (maybe) more notorious, for that, because they are almost ALL neck! LOL!

So...trust your observations, and experiences, FIRST! Maybe what you'll end up needing IS one of "Ed's" perfect (N0T!) guitars? Who knows. But, I'm not giving up ANY of my LP's, no matter how much HE hates them! ;>)

CB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ed Roman likes those 'pointy' guitars. It reminds him of what he sees when he looks at his own head in the mirror.

As for Rap Music, I've always had a hard time with the 'music' part of it. Nobody plays any instruments. Rather, they play 'samples' of other people's music they've stolen. And, of course, nobody 'sings' but rather they shout 'poetry' of a caliber you're apt to read in a middle-school literary magazine.

So when nobody sings or plays an instrument it's real hard for me to think of it as 'music'. Call me old fashioned, I guess.

Ed Roman likes those 'pointy' guitars. It reminds him of what he sees when he looks at his own head in the mirror.

As for Rap Music, I've always had a hard time with the 'music' part of it. Nobody plays any instruments. Rather, they play 'samples' of other people's music they've stolen. And, of course, nobody 'sings' but rather they shout 'poetry' of a caliber you're apt to read in a middle-school literary magazine.

or a bathroom stall!

Archived