Gibson Brands Forums

4 Grand for a signed pickguard... (mounted on an Epi Lucille)

AS90

First: There are guys with their guitars at every concert hoping someone will sign them. There must be 1000's of BB King signed Lucile's out there.

Second: If this is really worth $4,000, BB King should stop touring and just sign and sell guitars. He'd be wealthy beyond imagination.

Yeah, there's a "sucker" born every minute, and THIS guy is just hoping they're shopping on E-bay!

It really is Amazing, at times, what shows up there!

LOL!

CB

maybe the fleabayer just saw this and got over-excited:

http://www.autographpros.com/bbkingautographedgibsonepilucillesignedguitar-p-1851.html?osCsid=81084287e4d54657b57fb04745fca0ec

I guess I don't understand the whole autograph fascination at these kind of prices.

I've got a copy of Ray Davies's autobiography "X-Ray" signed by the man himself. Its a first edition hardback too...anyone wants it for $5000 send me a private message.

Nic nailed it......

Autographs are fun and nice conversation pieces. Unless it is of some major historical value, it is just another signiture.

If celebrity autographs were worth that much, why would they do anything else?

Not that someone might not pay for it, but as C.B. pointed out....There's one born every minute.

Love that MOT pickguard! An Epi Lucille is worth around $699 new..so this guy is asking some

sucker to shell out $3300 US for a signed pickguard? I can see if it was a Gibson ES345 Lucille

and BB actually played a set with it or something..but to go to a BB King concert and take a pickguard

to have him sign afterwards....lol!

Just my opinion here: I can see the Gibson Lucille(s) that BB is playing now,

worth something a lot more than that on the collectors marketplace, after the Blues Legend passes,

but certainly not an MIC Epiphone being worth that much, even 10 years from now.

Archived