Gibson Brands Forums

new elitist 335 horible set up out of the box

TRG1281734101

The sticker on the head stock say set up by no.22 in the usa. it was horrible out of the box. action was highh enough to play slide on intoneation was off. everthing was easy to get right but. hey for 1200 bucks they could have been a little closer. Anyway really nice guitar as far as craftmanship. got the guitar saturday sort off fillsin the hole in the collection. I had looked at a gibson 330 last summer just wasn't quite what i was looking for. surprized how load the guitar is compared to my solid body gutiars

nopics.gif

I recently received another make of guitar and when it arrived at work the set-up sucked. Mine was just the opposite, the strings were so close it was buzz city. Got it home and let it sit for a few hours and it was much better. Let it sit overnight and all I had to do the next day was tweak it to my liking.

The only Epiphone that I consistently seem to hear is set up badly is the Elitist Dot (action high' date=' loose hardware). Very usual for an Elitist as they seem to go the extra mile for the Elitists. Don't they set them up in the US?[/quote']

Interesting that you've heard about this before. Any idea what might be the reasoning behind that?

Interesting that you've heard about this before. Any idea what might be the reasoning behind that?

No, but it stuck in my mind because I wasn't expecting it. I think I saw some on Harmony Central's site. It's the only real knock I have heard about Epis (other than the headstock of the AlleyKat). ;-)

My Elitist Dot was set up fine. I bought mine from Sweet water music so they look at it before it goes out. According to their card inside the case the guitar action is supposed to be set at a certain standard height.

22 Must have had a bad day?

Its a common misconception that new guitars are going to be set up properly before purchase. I have bought $2500 Gibsons that I immediately had to take to my tech to have set-up to my liking. The only way to get a good set-up new is to buy locally and haggle a set-up at time of purchase.

I bought two elitist dots-one from MF that arrived so damaged I had to send it back (it was replaced with a new one that is pictured in my avatar), and one from Sweetwater that arrived set up perfectly.

The elitist dot is the very best guitar for the $$ there is. They are two of my most prized possesions.

Archived