Gibson Brands Forums

1985 Epiphone Rhoads V

msaint65

Greetings....did my "search" due diligence but no success. Anyway, very seldom buy a guitar without knowing everything about it....BUT.....couldn't resist a 1985 Epi Rhoads - style guitar: black with gold Kahler [looks like a 2300], and set-neck. I've googled my *** off and....nothing. HC file...no reviews. Don't even know the original model name. Any help or direction appreciated - this is driving me crazy.....

Mark

No, mine is metallic black, set neck, H-H pup configuration, 2 tones, 1 volume, 1 three-way switch, gold Kahler 2300, gold Gotoh tuners [these appear not to be stock]. Dimension wise a very accurate Rhoads copy, bevels, input jack location and all. Cannot find info anywhere....on or off line. A while back one other person posted a similar question and was met with the same silence LOL! My best bet now is to find a 1985 Epi Catalog and go from there.

Mark

Yup....or maybe some "Demon V" info for that 2002 model by Epi. Checked all the "Blue Books" I have...zip, zero, nada. Vintage Guitar Guides....zilch. Harmony Central...nope. Probably no pix till the weekend....will do my best. Thanks for the reply....this is more of a challenge that I anticipated.

Mark

Greetings....did my "search" due diligence but no success. Anyway' date=' very seldom buy a guitar without knowing everything about it....BUT.....couldn't resist a 1985 Epi Rhoads - style guitar: black with gold Kahler [looks like a 2300'], and set-neck. I've googled my *** off and....nothing. HC file...no reviews. Don't even know the original model name. Any help or direction appreciated - this is driving me crazy.....

Mark

A little while back another guy asked about this and I thought that it was the Demon but apparently not in your case. Sorry but I don't know if you'll get much info on this from here, at least the other guy didn't. But there is the chance that somebody may know. Good luck.

GC

I remember seeing an Epiphone RR-V in guitar shops in the mid 80's........almost bought 1.

Either try to PM a forum mate with the s/n/Nelson............or a thread titled, Q: for Nelson, Epi Rhoads V ?

This guy has more books and general knowledge about Epis than any other 5 ppl here combined.

Archived