Gibson Brands Forums

Well, I got an e-mail today saying that ...

Big Arm

Sorry, no problem! I am excited! Just want to upgrade my amp, so need to sell a couple of things. I can't seem to stop buying stuff, so maybe that is a problem! I am thinking of the Egnater Rebel 20 amp. Anyone used one? It seems like it could be very versatile if it works the way the maker claims.

Sorry' date=' no problem! I am excited! Just want to upgrade my amp, so need to sell a couple of things. I can't seem to stop buying stuff, so maybe that is a problem! I am thinking of the Egnater Rebel 20 amp. Anyone used one? It seems like it could be very versatile if it works the way the maker claims. [/quote']

Oh ok. Most people that join have a problem so I was just assuming you had one too. Well, when you get that dot post some pics!! I don't really know about the amp but I'm sure someone here does.

GC

Egnater Rebel 20 watt is a pretty good variable (it can be used as a 20watt or take it down to 1watt) amp. It uses two pairs of power tubes...one pair is EL84 and the other is 6v6 or 6l6 (forgot) and you can also mix the tubes in the amp it self... I don't own one but have played one of my friends and it's really good. doesn't that cost something about 600$ or upwards and i guess it's just for the Amps head.. anyway it sounds very good .. worthed !!

Egnater Rebel 20 watt is a pretty good variable (it can be used as a 20watt or take it down to 1watt) amp. It uses two pairs of power tubes...one pair is EL84 and the other is 6v6 or 6l6 (forgot) and you can also mix the tubes in the amp it self... I don't own one but have played one of my friends and it's really good. doesn't that cost something about 600$ or upwards and i guess it's just for the Amps head.. anyway it sounds very good .. worthed !!

The ER Rebel, 1-20w variable uses 6v6 & el84s...............with a 1x12 cab its about $850, add $200 if you prefer the 2x12 cab.

You've actually played one? how is it? details man, details!!!!!

I'm seriously concidering buying 1 myself.

How was the tone/voicing? does the variance pot cause a REAL difference in tone?

Does it keep the same tones as you dial the wattage down????

The ER Rebel' date=' 1-20w variable uses 6v6 & el84s...............with a 1x12 cab its about $850, add $200 if you prefer the 2x12 cab.

You've actually played one? how is it? details man, details!!!!!

I'm seriously concidering buying 1 myself.

How was the tone/voicing? does the variance pot cause a REAL difference in tone?

Does it keep the same tones as you dial the wattage down????[/quote']

slow down man...hehe

ya I played it a couple of times in one the studios my friend owns here in South Australia and it was a great little thing. it's small but awesome. no the tones don't vary when you change the watts from 20 - 1. it has that same tone when you use it on 20 or 1. the tone is sweet really very nice...for some freaking reason i couldn't find any huge difference in tone due to the variance pot but he said it did. i haven't played on it a lot.

if you grab your hands on this baby you'll never let it go for sure.. i tried to get him to lend me that amp for a couple of days to play with it and i am still trying...haven't got a huge idea about that amp as i played it a couple of times only and haven't fiddled as much but hey it's great..any one would love it .. like i said WORTHED !!!

If you need to sell a Les Paul to get a better amp, I'd stick with the old amp for now. Unless you have a bunch of Les Pauls, or unless it's a junker, or if you have no possible way of getting the money otherwise. If it's a good one you'll end up regretting it. Just MHO.

Well, it certainly is not a junker, but not a high end one either. It is a Gibson Vintage Mahogany Studio selling for $999 on MF. I like my ES-345 better and with a Dot for a guitar I can take to school and other places, I just have no real need for it. Not that need has ever really driven me!

Definitely sell the Paul if it's one of those mahogany studio deals. I've never played one of those that was half as nice as a good epi Standard. This isn't a Gibson v. Epiphone thing, just that particular Gibson has to be the worst Paul Gibson has put out in recent years. I kinda felt like with that model in particular, they were preying on the demographic that really really want a Gibson, but just couldn't quite afford one...

Definitely sell the Paul if it's one of those mahogany studio deals. I've never played one of those that was half as nice as a good epi Standard. This isn't a Gibson v. Epiphone thing' date=' just that particular Gibson has to be the worst Paul Gibson has put out in recent years. I kinda felt like with that model in particular, they were preying on the demographic that really really want a Gibson, but just couldn't quite afford one... [/quote']

I respectfully disagree. I have made the mistake of selling a piece of gear to buy a new one. Unless you're really itching to get rid of the guitar, keep it and just save up a little longer. Otherwise you'll be kicking yourself once the honeymoon period fades away with the new amp.

And I haven't personally played the Gibson lp studios, but I have heard more good than bad about them. You get what you pay for. You can't expect top-notch quaity Gibsons for 900 bucks new. No sub-$1,000 guitar will come ready to play right out of the box either; they all need at least slight set-up.

Archived