Gibson Brands Forums

Selling your soul..........but with what?

Guest alanhindle

Guest alanhindle

So you've decided to sell your soul to Satan at those Crossroads, but which guitar would you choose to do it with?

Pick a model type (but not brand) and say why this would be your chosen axe based upon its typical features. For example, you could pick a Les Paul, a Dot/335, a Strat, a Super strat, a Tele, an Explorer, a Firebird etc. etc.

I'm going to choose an SG. Its pointy horns and lightweight body make it an ideal weapon for going in to battle with Lucifer. The ultra fast-necked SG would give me that snappy attack coupled with electrifying sustain running all the way through the tunomatic bridge and into the solid mahogany body.

Your decision for this duel may not be the same guitar as the 'if I could only have one' choice. This guitar should be the one that makes your blood boil, your ears bleed and lightning flow through your fingers!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert Johnson's myth about the crossroads is not about a guitar. It's about selling his soul for talent/fame.

Having said that; there's not a guitar in the world worth selling my soul for.

My soul is worth more than any guitar, or anything.

Robert Johnson's myth about the crossroads is not about a guitar. It's about selling his soul for talent/fame.

My soul is worth more than any guitar' date=' or anything.[/quote']

Brad,

Seeing that soul selling isn't a proven event, I think I am safe going along with the sale for an ES335. If someone wants to buy my soul for an ES335, I will probably go along with it. Maybe if it was Nelson I would be hesitant, but I would have to meet him face-to-face before making the final decision. Since he has a good side, he can't possibly be Satan.

Guest alanhindle

A slight misunderstanding I think. The question is what guitar model you would choose to be playing during the act of selling your soul for the said fame/talent.

Disclaimer:

The originator of this post does not endorse the practice of devil worship in any shape or form. Well, except the sort that involves naked females dancing around a fire.

What a load of bollocks.

The operative word here is "myth" - you were right first time, so forget about the rest of your missive...

What a load of bollocks.

The operative word here is "myth" - you were right first time' date=' so forget about the rest of your missive...[/quote']

Always thought the word Bollocks was cool.

"Bollocks" is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless". Similarly, the common phrases "Bollocks to this!" or "That's a load of old bollocks" generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. Conversely, the word also figures in idiomatic phrases such as "the dog's bollocks" and "top bollock(s)", which usually refer to something which is admired, approved of or well-respected.

we now return you to our regular programming.

Always thought the word Bollocks was cool.

"Bollocks" is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin' date=' meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless". Similarly, the common phrases "Bollocks to this!" or "That's a load of old bollocks" generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. Conversely, the word also figures in idiomatic phrases such as "the dog's bollocks" and "top bollock(s)", which usually refer to something which is admired, approved of or well-respected.

we now return you to our regular programming.[/quote']

Thanks Just Strum - yes you're right..."Bollocks" is a bloody good descriptive word. There's a nice definition over at the urban dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bollocks

Mind you, my favourite swear-word is definitely wanker. Maybe we could combine the two, as in:

Brad is a right wanker for believing that load of old bollocks.

Yup, that seems to work...

Thanks Just Strum - yes you're right..."Bollocks" is a bloody good descriptive word. There's a nice definition over at the urban dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bollocks

Mind you' date=' my favourite swear-word is definitely [i']wanker[/i]. Maybe we could combine the two, as in:

wanker, yep there's another good one. I work with a woman from England and she throws those out occasionally and I get a kick out of it every time, unless of course she's referring to me.

Mind you' date=' my favourite swear-word is definitely [i']wanker[/i]. Maybe we could combine the two, as in:

I never said I believed it dumb a$$.

I was only trying to tell the correct myth.

Somebody has tangled the story of the myth with "The Pick of Destiny" story.

So YOU are the wanker for not reading what I wrote correctly.

Guest alanhindle

My fault for not properly explaning the myth in the first place. I took it that everyone knew it already.

I must admit- Leicester, has picked some very good UK based swear words though- they are my faves too. Now Strum, can you post a dictionary definition for the second word as that one is even more entertaining.

Archived