Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone LP Special DC - Anyone know much about them?

Boyko

Hey all,

I recently scored a 1998 Epiphone Les Paul Special Double cut off ebay. This is the model with two P90s, set mahogany neck and mahogany body, made in Korea. I was wondering if anyone has seen these or played them? I know they were discontinued in the early 2000's. Any reviews would be cool, as well as a price range these sell for? I think I did reasonable with $315 US plus about $60 shipping (had to ship up to Canada).

Thanks!

I really love the DC model of the lespaul and always wanted them but couldn't buy them anywhere..your lucky to find them they infact are a rare model..about the price you paid i guess it's pretty much good you've got a bargain..is it used ? i guess used are cheaper than that... but i really wouldn't know cause here in Australia it's like double of what you paid including the postage costs.. if you want reviews of the guitar check this out.. i haven't played one thought heard from everyone that it kicksass..a really good value for the money..congrats for your new Epi DC..

I have a '96 myself, someone else on the forum I think has a '97. Is your pickup selector switch on the upper horn like a regular Les Paul? I'll try and post up a pic or two of mine.. Price wise it seems you did well as last few besides mine seemed to go for about that... guy I got mine from had no clue on prices so was a bit low.

l_f6be05f2134a44c8bbbf8f0d6926c56e.jpg

Nice Score.. I just found one myself here in Calif on C/List in S.F it's a apr-94 in Red.. just like yours/2 p-90's.. I got it for $200 w/ Hsc. it's kinda beat up but still plays really good.. I'm takin out all wiring and Pots and Changing 'em out for better stuff.. I'll keep the Stock Pups in it for now, but if they can't Cut the mustard then they'll have to go..they are Pretty Rare and I've only seen a Hand full before.. I looked for my for months.. Not no more.. I love it. Nice addition to my Collection. S.A

Well good to know its rare. I haven't seen many either, seen a few Gibson Faded DCs for about $500-$600US used. This one was indeed used, off ebay. Still awaiting shipment, but have the ebay photos. It looks to be exceptionally clean.

I figured it was a decent price, since one of these sold by MyRareGuitars.com in TV Yellow for $500US. I'd imagine that colour may be a bit more rare and desirbale though.

But of course rarity don't mean squat if it don't play good! And from the ones I have played by Gibson were really great, and copies by Tokai or Vintage also rocked my socks.

Thanks for all the info!

PS How do I post pics? Sorry to be so dense, but I can't figure out this photo poster. Can I pull it right off my computer like on other sites, or do I have to use a photo hosting site liek photobucket?

1960 Gibson Special....only 9000.00

97be_1.JPG Very Nice... Just think How many Epi's I could have for that Price.. ??? A lot.. I could open my own Guitar shop.. One thing I do Like more on Gibbys is that Wrap around bridge.. wish my Epi LP dc came like that. I really don't know why it didn't. Less Money for Epi to spend building it and it's still got the Toggle in a different place anyways.. My 'New' Love is Cherry Red.. and plays like a dream.. Now if I can get her too sound like a dream (a Screaming dream). hehe o_~)

Archived