Gibson Brands Forums

Help choosing first epiphone (calling all g 400 deluxe owners)

metalfan99

i found these pics of the same guitar

EpiphoneG400FlameTopElectricGuitar0.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

EpiphoneG400FlameTopElectricGuit-3.jpg

now the one i want the truss rod says gibson not sg and on the back it just has the serial number at the top no logo or anything.. i need to have peace of mind before i but this lol

If anyone has this guitar can they let me know what theirs says

From what I've read in the past on this forum, the LPs are harder to set up for super low action. That may be something to consider as well. I'm very partial to the Deluxe, myself. Its a beauty.

If you're thinking about going for a different brand, Ibanez is decent (like others have said).

You may want to take a look at Jackson too. They make great shredders.

i found these pics of the same guitar

EpiphoneG400FlameTopElectricGuitar0.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

EpiphoneG400FlameTopElectricGuit-3.jpg

now the one i want the truss rod says gibson not sg and on the back it just has the serial number at the top no logo or anything.. i need to have peace of mind before i but this lol

If anyone has this guitar can they let me know what theirs says

It looks even better in those pics.

That is one beautiful guitar.

Go on, just go for it- you know you want to!

Buy an iba**z for your second guitar- then you'll have the best of both worlds!

As mine came from the factory (I bought from an authorized dealer) without any upgrades ,

I actually like the tone better than my GLP, and as much as my GV-Factor.

It will most likely need a professional setup and intonation, but that doesn't cost much, and

basically ANY new guitar needs it.

Untitled18.jpg

GarysCam047.jpg

hey guys' date=' im in the market for my first epi, moving up from a crappy beginner guitar

Les Paul 2001 Made in Czech Republic

[img']http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/images/stockImages/DSCN5562-MSS%207789.JPG[/img]

any opinions appreciated

AFAIK, Epi does not have a plant in Czech Republic

Sorry if this bursts the bubble, but that would make me suspect of the rest of the lot.

^ the place selling are very respected, one of the best down here

i ended up getting the flamed maple one.. awesome sound, very comfortable to play

Your guitar was made at the

Saein Plant, Korea

August 1999

Production Number: 1648

thanks for all the input

Yes Epi does have' date=' or had a plant in the Czech Rep. I seen them on here, quite a few times. Stan.[/quote']

Yeah, me too.

DW = DaeWon (China)

EA = Gibson/QuingDao (China) Acoustics

EE = Gibson/QuingDao (China) Electrics

I = Saein [Often referred to as "shine" ] (Korea)

MC = Muse (China)

R = Peerless (Korea)

S = Samick (Korea)

SJ = SaeJung (China)

U = Unsung (Korea)

B = Bohêmia Musico-Delicia (Czech Republic)

F = Fine Guitars Plant, Korea

About a year and a half ago I bought an Epiphone SG copy of the '66 Gibson SG Standard; but it has humbuckers instead of P90s and is auth. by Gibson. Says SG on the truss rod cover, not G-400.

I compared it to five other SG type guitars including one inexpensive Gibson and it overwhelmingly sounded better than any of the others by a wide margin. The tone was great and the pickups were seemingly more powerful, consistently. I bought it. It has a full pickguard under the pickups instead of the small teardrop one under the pups.

This model, Epiphone '66 SG reissue, SOR, for "Sound of Rock" movie, is stamped limitted edition, Epiphone Custom Shop on the back of the headstock. Epi Custom Shop must mean more than some skeptics conjecture would suppose. This baby is one great guitar. I would try to find and play one and get a black one or cherry trans glossy, the two colors it comes in.

I played all the SG's on the same guitar settings thru the same amp set at the same settings and did my sound comparisons. The amp was a standard Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, a very nice sounding amp.

The full pickguard gives this special edition "66 Gibson copy a distinctive look that I really like, but I like the teardrop pickguard ones as well. Everything just looked, felt and played right and I bought it. It was far from the most expensive of the Epiphone SG types tested that night. I think I paid 299 during a sale. They are 399 US at a lot of places right now I believe.

Duffy

Winfield, Pa.

img][img][/img]

Archived