Gibson Brands Forums

Need Information.

Gwalchavad

After my first Epi...nothing better than a second Epi....[-X/

So...i need some help here.

Does the Les Paul Standard Plus comes with Grover machine heads?This one is from 2004. And they are asking me for 350€.

And...what do you guys say to an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony, with Seymour Duncan SH4 JB Bridge, Seymour Duncan'59 SH1, from 2008 and this one 450€.

Since i just have one Epi i need some expert advice here...thnx a bunch...

What's that, euros?

I don't know the exchange rate.

I don't know if the 2004 epis had grovers either.

Ask 'em!

Duncans are pretty pricey, but it depends on if YOU like those particular models, what the used rate is in your local, and the general condition of the guitar.

Hard to guess about all that!

TWANG

What's that' date=' euros?

TWANG[/quote']

Yup they are euro ..and 350 Euro comes around to be 470 USD and the 450 Euro comes up to be 600 USD, I'd say go for the Ebony one with the Duncan pickups that way you really don't have to change your pickups, those are really good pickups and at a reasonable price..I'd say go for the Ebony with Duncans !! and yes a Standard comes with Grover Machine heads. !!

Yup they are euro ..and 350 Euro comes around to be 470 USD and the 450 Euro comes up to be 600 USD' date=' I'd say go for the Ebony one with the Duncan pickups that way you really don't have to change your pickups, those are really good pickups and at a reasonable price..I'd say go for the Ebony with Duncans !! and yes a Standard comes with Grover Machine heads. !![/quote']

For a standard plus, $470 is probably a fair, but far from great price. I have sold them used for around $400, including a case.

The ebony one seems a bit high for a used piece, at least by the given USD conversions. Brand new, I can get an ebony Epi standard for about $450, last time I checked, maybe up to $500 now. The duncans are about $75 each, but you can get a set of Duncan '59s, or a set with a Jazz and a JB, either set for $130. If you can install them yourself, it works out about theh same price. I'd try to talk them down a bit... maybe 20 or 30 Euros at least, unless it comes with a case. If that price includes a case, then jump on it!

Keep in mind though, I'm used to the american market. I have no idea what either guitar sells for in your country used OR new. If there's a considerable markup from the US market, then those are probably fair prices even without a case. But I would definitely try to get a case with it for those prices, for either guitar. Are you buying from a music store, or an independent seller?

Yup they are euro ..and 350 Euro comes around to be 470 USD and the 450 Euro comes up to be 600 USD' date=' I'd say go for the Ebony one with the Duncan pickups that way you really don't have to change your pickups, those are really good pickups and at a reasonable price..I'd say go for the Ebony with Duncans !! and yes a Standard comes with Grover Machine heads. !![/quote']

+1 on the Ebony. With the stock pickups they would be around te same price, so go for it.

Hi guys, thnx, and yes they both bring hard case.

TWANG, try to get out more...LOL

I think that the Standard Ebony its a bit high...but then again i haven´t seen them, just by photos.

Skpeaking of wich i will post them here...

I had spent a lot more upgrading my other epiphone, and...this one for 450 € just because it haves Seymour Duncans...

Im thinking it is to expensive! The guy just payed to someone install 2 Seymour duncans...by what he said, this guitar its from 2008

l_94f29cea95e540a5811ccd85720014f0.jpg

Standard Plus Sunburst 2004

3032501238_0511a0ae9d.jpg?v=0

3032501250_9a16f1c6ee.jpg?v=0

3032501234_7cee07f75a.jpg?v=0

This is my Epiphone.

http://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5891

I don't know much about the value of used Epis. I'm still looking for another nice Cherry Sunburst with a flame top. All I get is the regular price for new guitars ($650), the regular price for b-stock ($550) and a few rarities for about $400 with tons of scratches of defective electronics. Not much luck here, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I tried eBay but after researching on the topic I realize it can be dangerous to buy off there, lots of pirated copies and junk.

The price of the SD pups is about $120 for the set, if you find them on a good sale (and new). I bought a set for about that price on clearance sale, about a year ago.

I have a little "Gibson Fund" to buy a Traditional, Sunburst Standard or a used Classic, but every time I seem to be "there" I get hit with some bill or a price markup. That's part of the experience I guess! lol

Guest alanhindle
After my first Epi...nothing better than a second Epi....=D>/

So...i need some help here.

Does the Les Paul Standard Plus comes with Grover machine heads?This one is from 2004. And they are asking me for 350€.

And...what do you guys say to an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony' date=' with Seymour Duncan SH4 JB Bridge, Seymour Duncan'59 SH1, from 2008 and this one 450€.

Since i just have one Epi i need some expert advice here...thnx a bunch...[/quote']

Look a bit of a rip off for second hand.

Try Thomann.de and click on the portugal flag.

Here's a new black standard for 359 Euros. They also sell seymour duncans in pairs for not much over 100 euros:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_lp_std_eb_incl_gigbag.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/seymour_duncan_ssh59_set_vintage_blues_bk.htm

New standards come with grovers. How about going one step up and getting a beautiful new custom flametop for 379 euros. Superb deal:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_lpcustom_flamehcs.htm

They are a reputable European supplier with good prices and no delivery charge for these amounts. Either new buy from them or use this evidence to knock the price of the used ones down.

Alan

alanhindle i know thomann.de

I´ve a been customer for some years now...and from musicstore, and from playback.fr

After some research i found that the guy from the black one wants the buyer to pay him all the parts and the guitar.

That guitar comes from thomman in the hardcase that he is selling.(jerk)

Even better is when he said that everything was 692 €... (he bought it on musicstore)

Being and older customer from thomman i asked how could this be possible to a connection in the shop, and they told me that the pus were mounted in there for shure...and the case is a promotion pack. So the real price of the guitar goes around the 375 € and rest was the pu´s the gibson knobs, and mailing bills.

So this is indeed a rip off.

About the sunburst...

new is something like 498€ this one bought it new, and a separate case...(at least was honest to this point)

Is asking me 350 € as i said. Im selling my Variax...to buy a new Epiphone...i must be crazy LOL

But, today i spoke with a friend from college, and he haves an white pearl epiphone...with schaller hardware...he haven´t set a price yet. let us see if this is the one...O:)

+1 but it's overpriced.

New Epiphone Les Pauls are going for 400.- euro's here in the Netherlands/Holland.

Peter

Thats 400 Euros with the stock pickups..but this one's got Seymour Duncans in them and they all come with a hard case.if you were to add those Duncans it'd be another 100+ euros and with the Epi hard case it'd be aroung 60-70 Euro..and total up to nearly 600 Euros..for 450 I wouldn't call a great deal but it's not so bad either....I'd go for it..

alanhindle i know thomann.de

I´ve a been customer for some years now...and from musicstore' date=' and from playback.fr

After some research i found that the guy from the black one wants the buyer to pay him all the parts and the guitar.

That guitar comes from thomman in the hardcase that he is selling.(jerk)

Even better is when he said that everything was 692 €... (he bought it on musicstore)

Being and older customer from thomman i asked how could this be possible to a connection in the shop, and they told me that the pus were mounted in there for shure...and the case is a promotion pack. So the real price of the guitar goes around the 375 € and rest was the pu´s the gibson knobs, and mailing bills.

So this is indeed a rip off.

[/quote']

oo!! didn't know that....so what are you getting ??

Archived