Gibson Brands Forums

Just arrived My New Epi Les Paul '56 Gold Top

bigbubba T

This was a SWEET surprise! Was ordered in Oct.'08 and on backorder through MF. Last week I got a notice via email, asking if I still was interested in the Gold Top as they were waiting for a new shipment that wouldn't arrive till sometime in March '09. After letting MF know I was still interested, Two days later, I get an email with a shipping notice that the new '56 is on it's way!!! Low and behold, I get home from work and there it is :)

I quickly unwrapped the packing and there in all it's glory, a brand spankin' new Les Paul '56 Gold Top!! Action and set up, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Not a Flaw on her! Perfect!! I am in LOVE with this guitar. I was just now able to put it down! She plays like a dream and sounds so sweet! I AM ONE HAPPY DUDE!!!!!:D/

• 2 weeks later...

Congratutations. Beautiful guitar! I was on the same "email when it come in stock" and didn't think they were really going to get them in stock, since the were discontinued. I found a used '04 at GC for a nice price and took it home. Then I week later I got my email saying they were in stock. Now they're officially gone. Or at least until Epi decides to do another run of them.

Archived