Gibson Brands Forums

new 1959 reissue

Thunderstruck

I changed both of mine.

I've changed just about every guitar or bass I've ever owned.

I'm me. I want what I want.

And then I like it.

*S*

TWANG

Yeppers...

Though I've only done a dramatic face lift to only one of my guitars .... I've done little subtle things to most of my humble collection to make mine different

only one day after my LP Junior being delivered' date=' it's at my Luthier getting hacked up [-X [/quote']

Make sure you post pics of your post-hacked up Jr. when you get it back. We all want to see! :-

Actually' date=' if you read the description completely, it says "a solid maple cap with a highly flamed veneer." Since the flame is purely cosmetic and has no bearing on tone, I see no difference in that and agile's top, which I highly doubt is a solid piece of flamed maple either, at the price point they offer thier guitars. Add in the Gibson pickups, and the non-weight relieved body, and I'm already in line to buy one. Maybe two, one of each finish. :- [/quote']Well you're wrong. AL4000 model - 3 /4"+ (20mm) two piece maple cap. The flame pattern runs the entire thickness of cap. " "SOLID 3/4" FLAME MAPLE CAP!"

http://www.rondomusic.com/al4000natflame.html

To some every thing Agile says is gosple' date=' and every thing Epi says are lies, So be it. Me i'll take the company with over a 100 years behind it but to each his own. Stan.[/quote']100 years behind what? If you think the current Epiphone has ANY relationship or bears any semblance to the original Epiphone you're delusional. You got one part right, it is BEHIND.

and you've seen one cut in half? or anyone else for that matter?

You don't have to, you can plainly see the flame run through the full cap in the pickup cavities. I've seen a few with the pickups pulled out. The 4000 is their only full flame thickness cap model, that's why it costs a bit more. Thier lower models have full maple cap and 1/16" flame top.

You don't have to' date=' you can plainly see the flame run through the full cap in the pickup cavities. I've seen a few with the pickups pulled out. The 4000 is their only full flame thickness cap model, that's why it costs a bit more. Thier lower models have full maple cap and 1/16" flame top.[/quote']

either way it dont matter to me... the epie will prolly be the closest i will ever get to owing a real R9 or a gibson for that fact i dont care much for the agiel guitars i hate to say it but im kind of a purest when it comes to Les pauls, strats and teles they all make a knock off.. some are better others are fire wood... and it is kind of nice supporting a company that does have 100 years or better of history behind it... Gibison Epiphone and Finder TO ME IMHO not only re-invented the wheel so to say but they make it perfect everyone else has been chasing them for the longest time.... one gimick or another

I'll take the guitar that was built by the company that made it in the frist place, and yes i do believe Gibson had alot to do with how my Epi Iguna Burst was built, and i like to see Les Pauls name on my Les Paul. I know thats silly but hey thats just me. Stan.

Archived