Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elite '61 SG

L1Picker

I didn't have one of these on my wish list, but couldn't pass up the opportunity when it arose. I'll be picking it up in the morning as long as the inspection goes well. The pics look good and the guy assured me that it's in excellent condition. We talked on the phone and he sounded on the level. He changed out the tuners for Gibson Kluson style. I would have left the Grover's on, but no harm done. It's more era correct I suppose.

I'll post up some pics when I get it home and have a chance to play it a bit.

I have to agree...I did score. The guitar is immaculate...not a scratch on it. It plays and sounds awesome. I really like the tuners too, I'm glad he made the swap. Guitar Dater puts it as a 2003 model.

Here are a few pics. I'm not much of a photographer, but you'll get the idea.

100_3037400x600.jpg100_3040400x600.jpg

100_3041600x400.jpg100_3042600x400.jpg

I didn't have one of these on my wish list' date=' but couldn't pass up the opportunity when it arose. I'll be picking it up in the morning as long as the inspection goes well. The pics look good and the guy assured me that it's in excellent condition. We talked on the phone and he sounded on the level. He changed out the tuners for Gibson Kluson style. I would have left the Grover's on, but no harm done. It's more era correct I suppose.

I'll post up some pics when I get it home and have a chance to play it a bit.

[/quote']

Woo hoo! You did good!

Archived