Gibson Brands Forums

Can you please tell me more about this Chet Atkins...

unreal77

I'm suspicious. Nothing about that black guitar looks like either the Epiphone Country Classic or the Tennessean --- it has an ES-175 tailpiece instead of a Bigsby, I don't believe Epiphone ever made either model in black, the inlays don't look right, there's no master volume, body shape isn't correct, control arrangement isn't right, etc. etc.

I think it's a counterfeit.

25.5 scale' date=' very uncomfortable?

[/quote']

I've got a neuromuscular disease that has left me with weak hands. I use the guitar now to try to get some strength back (how's that for an excuse to buy guitars? but my insurance won't pay for them!). The Byrdland is the easiest for me to play. I have only one longer scale guitar (PRS Santana), and I has been played (sort of) exactly once. The PRS Singlecut 245 is not a problem.

I've got a neuromuscular disease that has left me with weak hands. I use the guitar now to try to get some strength back (how's that for an excuse to buy guitars? but my insurance won't pay for them!). The Byrdland is the easiest for me to play. I have only one longer scale guitar (PRS Santana)' date=' and I has been played (sort of) exactly once. The PRS Singlecut 245 is not a problem.[/quote']

The Byrdland has a nice neck but a real wide butt end...

Have you ever tried a Fender Mustang or Jaguar? Real small necks and comfortable bodies, if your into that sort of thing...

Archived