Gibson Brands Forums

What!! I don't believe this was able to leave the factory

Sinster

This is a 2008 Custom that was ordered off Musicians Friend. My Agile and my 2005 Standard has better workmanship than this. These are just a few issues. I'm not bashing just find it that this was able to leave the factory with the gap and the poor paint job.

DSC_3150.jpg

DSC_3151.jpg

DSC_3137.jpg

DSC_3141.jpg

DSC_3149.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You expected the cavities to be painted up all pretty?

I expected it to look a little better than it does. My 05 looks pretty and I didn't except the PUP knob cavity to be tiered like that either.

Here is my Agile...

P1050057.jpg

P1050059.jpg

That was sloppy work.

Methinks inspector six is having sex with painter no. 42.

the paint around the bindings is just lousy.

the chip in the binding at the heel, alone, should have sent that to the B stock line.

and yes. I would expect those pickup and control cavitys to at least all be black.

TWANG

This is a 2008 Custom that was ordered off Musicians Friend. My Agile and my 2005 Standard has better workmanship than this. These are just a few issues. I'm not bashing just find it that this was able to leave the factory with the gap and the poor paint job.

DSC_3150.jpg

DSC_3151.jpg

DSC_3137.jpg

DSC_3141.jpg

DSC_3149.jpg

You almost sound surprised...that's called CHEAP CHINESE CRAP..."Epiphone...Excellence Is Our Passion" (which I noticed is no longer posted on the web site as their motto)...and having your own Chinese sweat shop makes all the difference in controlling quality...right...sooner or later you people will catch on..the new catch phrase should be "Epiphone...In Name Only"...oh please, someone try something stupid and try to excuse or defend that crap...just watch as the disposable income disappears and the market demand shrinks and the need to maintain the margin grows and the cuts come...and the Chinese labor costs increase...you'll be wishing for that good...some want to call this Epiphone bashing but the fact of the matter is if you for one moment revive yourself from the intoxication of a ONCE, LONG AGO esteemed brand name and look objectively at the actual product... that's called intelligent consumerism..Don't ever say I didn't tell you so...

Mr.Nelson

That's not yours is it, Sinister? I looked at the file properties on the photo and it came from Photobucket. It definitely needs to go back.

That is definitely unacceptable work. The inspector at the plant should have rejected it. The USA inspector should be removing the plates and looking at the wiring, especially since the sticker on the back of the headstock says they INSPECTED it, checked the setup, and passed it.

I removed the covers on my Epi to replace pickups and it was clean. I'd pitch a fit if Epiphone wouldn't make that one good.

That's not yours is it' date=' Sinister? I looked at the file properties on the photo and it came from Photobucket. It definitely needs to go back.

That is definitely unacceptable work. The inspector at the plant should have rejected it. The USA inspector should be removing the plates and looking at the wiring, especially since the sticker on the back of the headstock says they INSPECTED it, checked the setup, and passed it.

I removed the covers on my Epi to replace pickups and it was clean. I'd pitch a fit if Epiphone wouldn't make that one good.[/quote']

With that much extra coiled unshielded wiring, the thing probably picks up Radio Beijing...and that neck tenon is the product of years of Chinese luthiery art...it's called..."three quarter wide short tenon"..

Mr.Nelson

Send it back.

Wish I could but it's past the 45 days.. that's a draw back for being on the road for work, I'm never home. I was alright with the crappy paint job.. but really didn't take it apart until I wanted to change the PUPS this week. I wonder if I can shim that gap.

Well if you check this link out http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/28373-top-black-custom.html

1 step forward (Riviera P-93LE), 3 steps back... That's really unfortnate/discouraging!

I would have sent it back for the paint (outside) alone. Amazing!! Does this have a EE

Serial number?! If so..."heads should roll!!" Blinking eyes, and all!

Also, the more we (consumers) accept inferior workmanship as just "the way it is," the

longer it will stay that way. Might, anyway...but, if you don't complain, and/or return

items that are sub-par...regardless of "price," you're complicit in keeping the status quo!

I'd send it back, 45 days past or not, and make them replace it, with a suitable one!

But, that's just me!

CB

1 step forward (Riviera P-93LE)' date=' 3 steps back... That's really unfortnate/discouraging!

I would have sent it back for the paint (outside) alone. Amazing!! Does this have a EE

Serial number?! If so..."heads should roll!!" Blinking eyes, and all!

Also, the more we (consumers) accept inferior workmanship as just "the way it is," the

longer it will stay that way. Might, anyway...but, if you don't complain, and/or return

items that are sub-par...regardless of "price," you're complicit in keeping the status quo!

I'd send it back, 45 days past or not, and make them replace it, with a suitable one!

But, that's just me!

CB[/quote']

Yup EE0804

I will hopefully this Wednesday if I go home.

Yup EE0804

OK...Call MF' date=' [i']stay on the phone until they agree to fix the problem, with a new one, or

give you your full purchase price back!![/i]

I've seen "Fakes" on this forum, that were better finished/made!

That's sucks!! There's NO excuse, seriously! My Riviera P-93LE is a great looking,

well built and finished guitar, that plays wonderfully, and looks emaculate! And that's

no exaggeration! So, I KNOW that kind of quality Can be done! Don't let Epiphone

and/or (especially) MF, get away with this non-sense!

CB

If so..."heads should roll!!" Blinking eyes' date=' and all!

But, that's just me![/b']

CB

BRAVO!!!!!! Charlie...this is what I've been trying to say for years and have been accused of Epiphone bashing...thank you for stating it so thoroughly yet so succinctly...as long as people buy it and don't demand more, then the quality is just going to go lower and lower and sticking that Epiphone..or Gibson or Fender or whatever name on it is meaningless if the quality isn't there and the companies can get away with this stuff... and all the Epiphone cheerleaders are not doing anyone a service by excusing or defending this...

Mr.Nelson

Who says its not a fake? That sure looks like the crap fakes that China is pumping out. I really do not think that something that bad would make it out of the Epiphone factory without a 2nd stamped on it.

Nice try but he bought it through Musician's Friend...Gibson's very own online dealer...sucks don't it?

Mr.Nelson

It's pretty surprising. But I'd bet an anomaly.

My lp studio is much better in the cavitys and in the paint..and the frets.

and yeah, I'd call MF anyway.

I'd tell them I was gone and just really be nice but firm about it and tell them they're such good folks, and this guitar was a big deal to you..

and I bet they'll come up with something.

If the first phone call doesn't do it, email them at the site, too.

I really feel sure they'll try to make it right with you.

Have the pics ready or email them in advance.

TWANG

Archived