Gibson Brands Forums

RIVIERA P93 owners... review and questions

unreal77

Hi kids, it's me again:

Last saturday I finally got my P93 and put it through the rigors of my 12 pedal setup and fender vibrolux...

It rocked. It handled my big muff beautifully and my delays very well.

Now, I think this guitar came with 09's that I will change to 10's, and there was some buzzing on the b string.

Did you guys sent it inmediately for a setup?

I dont care about chinese, korean, blah blah blah. ''This guitar is great. period.

Now' date=' I think this guitar came with 09's that I will change to 10's, and there was some buzzing on the b string.[/quote']

09s on a semi makes no sense to me.

Before sending it in for a set-up, I'd whip those 09s off and stick a set of D'Addario 10s on it. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Congrats on your new guitar, by the way.

Quick question and thanks:

Will it affect the guitar to put 010's without a proper setup or it doesnt matter?

I want to do that with my thinline also...

Thanks again guys.

The P93 should have shipped with 10s when it was brand new. Assuming that you bought it used, chances are the previous owner just stuck a set of 09s on it without having it set up anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about moving from 09s to 10s in terms of stress on the guitar. It's not like you're moving up to 13s.

Just a quick question for all involved in the string gauge discussion...

Could a hollow bodied guitar like the one in question handle 11's' date=' or would that be to much tension?[/quote']

Not a problem. I always had 11s on my Texan. Lighter strings seem to produce far less sound.

Slight nut adjustment (maybe) and Truss Rod...otherwise you shouldn't have any trouble with 11's.

All my Gretsches have 11's, my Gibson's and Fenders, all have 10's on them. Only very minor adjustments

were made on any of them, and most needed none...or, at least no more so, than I do anyway...for seasonal

adjustments due to weather changes, etc.

CB

My P-93 was great, right out of the box....(that was another "amazement" to me)! What "tweaking" I did..was just

for me... It was even In Tune, when I recieved it...amazingly enough! Came in a cardboard "Epiphone" box, inside

another cardboard box, with precious little protection, too! THAT, I was not happy about, but luckily...it was just fine!

CB

Archived