Gibson Brands Forums

The Soap Opera has changed regarding my AJ500RC with lifting bridge...

CedarTopFan

OK.

I took the advice from someone on the "I'm ticked off" thread, and called Gibson customer service. Just hung up about 5 minutes ago.

If you remember, the guy at the store said he was getting the *run around", and that they were trying to get me to accept another model or another AJ500RC.

Well, the guy with Gibson put me on hold, checked on it, and came back.

He says that they HAVE...NOT...HEARD...from anyone about this!. Nothing about an AJ500RC needing authorization for repair work.

They asked me to get a hold of the guy at the store and have him call them, and they also wanted the number of the store where I bought it.

Interesting.

CTF

Looks like someone else may be right about them trying to possibly double dip in the pool, maybe you should go back and ask them who they talked to, they always give a name when they are talking to someone, glad to hear that it just may work out for you in the long run and sorry that you might have to find another shop to get the work done.Ship

Hi

As a Masterbilt owner, I'm curious about both the incidence and prevalence of "bridge lifting" reported in this forum.

Has anyone determined the root cause of the issue?? Is it because the adhesive is of poor quality; or is the adhesive incompatible with the finishing product; or is it a structural problem related to string tension; or something else??

I certainly empathize with anyone is in need of warranty-related service work, just would like to know what exactly needs to be down to permanently correct this problem. And owners who have had theirs repaired, how is the guitar now??

Regards

..He says that they HAVE...NOT...HEARD...from anyone about this!. Nothing about an AJ500RC needing authorization for repair work.

They asked me to get a hold of the guy at the store and have him call them' date=' and they also wanted the number of the store where I bought it....CTF[/quote']

Uh.. Oh.. someone's gonna get taken to the wood shed.=D>

"Cut me a switch boy." 8-[

They are going to close the 1st thread, so I thought I would transfer the post from the Epiphone rep (Epi1) over to this thread. I'd like for lurkers to be able to see how the Epiphone people came forward to "do the right thing" Both from Epi1 and the folks on the telephone I spoke with.

Here it is...

Hi Cedar Top,

"I apologize for the problems you're having with your Masterbilt. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-4GIBSON and explain to them the problem with the guitar and your concerns about having it repaired in a timely manner. If you do not receive satifactory results, please email me via this forum with your contact information and guitar serial number and I will address the issue personally."

Thank you very much for the response.

If you will check out the thread "The soap opera has changed regarding my AJ500RC", you will see that there is now "more to the story", as they say, and I'll just leave it at that.

I apologize for all the references to "bulls". It was mainly due to a percieved problem that now appears to maybe not exist. And also because of how frustrated I felt at possibly losing the best guitar I have ever owned. I got a little panicky at the thought of losing it.

My AJ500RC is nothing short of an exquisite guitar. It rocked my world in a big way when I 1st played it in the store, and it just got better from then on. An amazing guitar.

I spoke to your customer care dept today and they were wonderful. Very helpful and kind.

They advised me to gather up contact information with the store where I bought it, and call them tomorrow (friday) with that info, which I will be doing.

Again, thank you for your concern and response.

CTF

I'm glad to see this is starting to work out for you. Hope it ends well. I'm the one who recommended you call Customer Service (as I did on an even earlier thread, before you even brought your guitar to the shop). Gibson Customer Service has always been excellent when I had issues or even questions. I hope they're able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction, too. I have an AJ500RC, too, and can image how attached you've become to it. It's a WONDERFUL instrument.

Thumbs up to Epi1 for helping CedarTopFan!

Red 333

CTF, I'm very happy that this is working out in your behalf, too.

In these days of increasingly tight economics, those in the business world know the value of return customers. For many it is the lifeblood of their business. Reports of inadequate customer support can drive loyal customers away, and should this work out in the end the way you want it to, this will go a long way toward demonstrating that Epiphone does listen to "the faithful" and is willing to demonstrate their committment to upholding their part of a good business relationship.

I'm quite anxious to hear how this works out in the end.....just yesterday I was in contact with my Sweetwater rep, anticipating spending the income tax return on an EF500RCCE. I've put those plans on hold until this situation plays out, hoping that Epiphone can restore my confidence in their committment to their customers.

Again, SO GLAD to hear that you and Epiphone are making progress in this issue! My compliments to Epi1 and Shadow.

Dugly =D>

I said it over on the closed thread and I'll say it agin.

You think Epi1 is Rosenberg?

Must admit, I'm not sure who "Rosenberg" is.

I do live in the city of Rosenberg, TX.......if this is a veiled reference to me, I can assure you I am not Epi1 (I did notice that "Rosenberg" was spelled "Rosenburg" in your post on the closed thread), just an old retired schoolteacher.

So, please fill me in, TommyK--who is this "Rosenberg" to whom you refer? Enquiring minds want to know, you know!

Dugly O:)

Must admit' date=' I'm not sure who "Rosenberg" is.

I do live in the city of Rosenberg, TX.......if this is a veiled reference to me, I can assure you I am not Epi1 (I did notice that "Rosenberg" was spelled "Rosenburg" in your post on the closed thread), just an old retired schoolteacher.

So, please fill me in, TommyK--who is this "Rosenberg" to whom you refer? Enquiring minds want to know, you know!

Dugly O:)[/quote']

Jim Rosenberg is the President of Epiphone.

• 3 weeks later...
"Any new updates on this ? Just curious.

Yes. Indeed there is.

I just got back from picking the guitar up after they called to say the repair work was done.

Its fixed perfectly, and of course there was no charge!

Once I called the Gibson people in Nashville...thats when positive things started happening.

And, since I *publically* referred to a lot of "Bulls" (wink) in my initial post, I feel the right thing to do would be to *publically* thank...

1) "Epi1" for his posts, concern and help on the previous thread.

2) Rame Estridge, who is the person I spoke with several times on the phone in Nashville. He was very helpful, and reassuring about that the fact that they would take care of this.

Thank you Epiphone for taking care of this fine guitar!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some picking to get to!

CTF

Archived